Help/advice on seeing Killswitch

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Help/advice on seeing Killswitch

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I really want to go see them but am a little afraid to. It is GA only and im not fond of that kind of seating. I am also aprehensive due to my age, wondering if the crowd might be too violent etc. Anyone help me out a bit please? The show we would go to would be Little Rock AR in April.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Sir Myghin

Re: Help/advice on seeing Killswitch

Post by Sir Myghin »

LisaBug2112 wrote:I really want to go see them but am a little afraid to. It is GA only and im not fond of that kind of seating. I am also aprehensive due to my age, wondering if the crowd might be too violent etc. Anyone help me out a bit please? The show we would go to would be Little Rock AR in April.
The last metal show I attended with pit audience also had a balcony for people to stand above. The crowd was not overly violent, just a little rowdy. Lost my glasses at one point and noone trampled them also. The was a little bumping and the odd bit of push but no flying fists or 'slam dancing'. However, I have heard Canada has much more polite pits than out south of the border counterparts.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

As you probably know, Killswitch shows are a bit different than your average metal mayhem. There is enough humor in the delivery that it seems to carry over to the audience. Weirdness can always happen, but as long as you don't get into a pit situation, you should be just fine.
As to your age, shame on you for even asking. :-) Have a great time!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

LOL well there are 3 sections even though it says all GA. Pit, Seats, & lawn, it is basically first come first serve. I just dont want to get a bad seat, or someone beat me up for one. And as for age, these groups are mainly attracting the younger set, thats why i mentioned it.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

LisaBug2112 wrote: And as for age, these groups are mainly attracting the younger set, thats why i mentioned it.
I know, Lisabug. But I'm under the impression that you are very young at heart, where it counts. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Well i am not saying i am old either, i am only 36. But i just know i am not of the normal age range for those bands. Dont really care when it comes right down to it actually. Heck i hope i still listen to them all when (or if) i am 80 plus!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

LisaBug2112 wrote:LOL well there are 3 sections even though it says all GA. Pit, Seats, & lawn, it is basically first come first serve. I just dont want to get a bad seat, or someone beat me up for one. And as for age, these groups are mainly attracting the younger set, thats why i mentioned it.
As for age at concerts you would have been AMAZED to see the age profile at the satriani concert I went to, 10-60 easily.
schuette

Post by schuette »

what does GA stand for...?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

General Admission.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

which means :lol:
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

schuette wrote:which means :lol:

What?!?!?

Yer kidding right????
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

what is it seated or standing..?
Walkinghairball

schuette wrote:what is it seated or standing..?

Usually standing.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

and you call that general admission...?

dont actually think we have a name for it :lol:
Walkinghairball

schuette wrote:and you call that general admission...?

dont actually think we have a name for it :lol:

Well yeah, it's not reserved seating so GA.
This space for rent