Aerosmith.......no more Toys in the Attic.

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Aerosmith.......no more Toys in the Attic.

Post by Walkinghairball »

CBS: Steven Tyler leaving Aerosmith

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry told the Las Vegas Sun on Friday that singer Steven Tyler left the band after their Abu Dhabi concert.

"Steven quit as far as I can tell," Perry said. "I don't know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know."

Perry was referring to an article by the British Web site Classic Rock, which quotes Tyler saying. "Once the band hit the final note and I walk off stage ? then I'll tell you the whole story," right before Aerosmith performed at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

According to the British magazine, Tyler said he is planning to work on his own brand, "Brand Tyler," once he walked off the stage at the UAE show.

According to Classic Rock, that tension was not evident during the show. But offstage, perhaps some dissension, because band members at the time were not seeing Tyler until the opening act for each concert and his dressing room was usually far from other band members' rooms.

Tyler has recently been missing from several Aerosmith concerts since falling of a stage during on of the band's performances.

Aerosmith will continue without Tyler, Perry told the Las Vegas Sun.

Sorry guys, but Aerosmith without Tyler is like Motley without Vince. It is still music, but not the same.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

When I heard this I thought, who the hell still listens to Arrowsmith, and when is the last time they put out a record worth hearing :P So you are kind of right, exactly like Motley Crue after the first few decent albums :P, the suck :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Looks like the news was false after all.........

Tyler: 'I've not quit Aerosmith'
Nov. 11, 2009, 10:07 AM EST
(WENN) -- Steven Tyler has blasted rumours he has quit Aerosmith - insisting he will continue to sing with the legendary band.

Guitarist Joe Perry announced the shocking news over the weekend, revealing he had read online that the singer had "quit" - and assumed the story was true because Tyler had been distancing himself from his bandmates over the previous few months.

Perry even went on to talk about replacing their iconic frontman, but Tyler has now spoken out about the rumours - and baffled his bandmates by insisting he has no plans to leave the group.

The singer teamed up with Perry on stage in New York on Tuesday night for the guitarist's Joe Perry Project gig, to belt out their Aerosmith hit Walk This Way. And during the encore Tyler took the opportunity to reassure fans the reports of his departure are not true.

He told the crowd, "I just want New York to know that I'm not leaving Aerosmith. The break-up - it just ain't true."
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oy! Such drama. :-(

I dislike false news reports of such major proportions! (Not a comment toward you, Bro, as I might just as well have posted this had I seen the news column first, but to the reporter(s) who do not check facts before writing.)
Walkinghairball

Yeah, what up with that???
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

awip2062 wrote:Oy! Such drama. :-(

I dislike false news reports of such major proportions! (Not a comment toward you, Bro, as I might just as well have posted this had I seen the news column first, but to the reporter(s) who do not check facts before writing.)
But he inteviewed a band member.
The reporter didn't make up the story based on a rumor.

I would blame Joe Perry for not confirming with Tyler
before saying anything to the reporter to make it into
a story.
Walkinghairball

I think they wanted some press to be honset.

Sad kind of. :roll:

Edited to say: WHERE THE HELL DID I LEARN TO SPELL?!?!?!?!?!?

Honest.
Last edited by Walkinghairball on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Guess ya can't believe everything ya hear, even when ya hear it!
Walkinghairball

Nope.
This space for rent