Frost*

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

H3WMW

Frost*

Post by H3WMW »

Anyone heard of a British prog rock band called Frost* ?

If not then you really need to check them out. I discovered them almost 3 years ago just when they had released their debut album called "Milliontown".

At present they have 2 studio albums, "Milliontown" and "Experiments In Mass Appeal" or EIMA for short.

They also have a mini live 8-track EP entitled Frost*fest which is soon to be made into a full length (2 hour) live album.

The band basically consists of 5 members, Jem Godfrey (keyboards/vocals), John Mitchell (lead guitar/backing vocals), Declan Burke (lead vocals/co-lead guitar), John Jowitt (bass/backing vocals) and Andy Edwards (drums). However Declan Burke was only recruited to the band after "Milliontown" was recorded/released. Jem Godfrey did the lead vocals on the first album.

Jem is the heart and soul of Frost* as he writes all the songs, arranges all the songs and plays the keyboards (which is the LEAD instrument in this band) on all the songs too. Jem is something of a real phenomenon. I would rate him in the same league as other great rock keyboardists such as Rick Wakeman, Jon Lord and Jordan Rudess.

Before Frost*, Jem worked as a writer/producer for mainstream UK artists Shayne Ward and Atomic Kitten.

If you have Spotify installed on your PC then I urge you to check out Frost*'s albums and post your comments here.

Song highlights for me are Milliontown's title track, Black Light Machine, Hyperventilate, Pocket Sun, Dear Dead Days and Toys. All other tracks are kick-ass as well.

You can also check them out live on youtube by searching for "Frost Rosfest".
Bassist of Joe's Band

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Me likie!!!

*Must find out if their CD's are over here too.*
This space for rent
exit

Post by exit »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Me likie!!!

I also liked them after searching very impressed, going by reviews i will buy the 2nd cd 1st if that makes sense :lol:
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

exit wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
Me likie!!!

I also liked them after searching very impressed, going by reviews i will buy the 2nd cd 1st if that makes sense :lol:
Experiments In Mass Appeal is absolutely brilliant. Best album of this year for me (as it was released in very late 2008).

Milliontown is also an awesome album though.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Narlayusin

Post by Narlayusin »

I have read and feel that it will be great, but it will not.

ibcbet
Last edited by Narlayusin on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

That's your problem. You got the $10 you owe me?
Don't start none...won't be none.