V.A.S.T.

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

V.A.S.T.

Post by Ogg »

Hoping that someone must've heard of V.A.S.T. Brainchild of a young protege and one of my favourite debut albums ever, see quotes. Anyway, new album 'Nude' is out after two studio albums, a self financed duo and now the latest release. A return to form. If you can check out the debut.

http://www.realvast.com/
VAST is not an adjective about the music or myself. It is an adjective for life through my eyes." That is how Jon Crosby, the artist behind VAST, sums up the songs that appear on his haunting and inspiring self-titled debut album
The album, true to the origins of its title (VAST stands for Visual Audio Sensory Theater), features an 18-piece orchestra, samples from the Bulgarian Female Choir and the Benedictine Monks of the Abbey of Saint-Mauer, Cleraux.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Obviously not :wink:
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Another attempt at introducing VAST to at least one person. playing the debut at the mo'. Someone willing to try?
You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

I heard of this band. Read a bit about them on Guitar Player magazine and didn't really care to investigate first (I was a blues rock puritan back in those days). Downloaded a few songs off kazaa just late last year and I really have to say I was blown away by the overall concept.

To sit to those tracks is like listening to a soundtrack to a religous ceremony; the sheer lucid heaviness that makes you want to sit in a corner and look at the sun set.