Live

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Live

Post by PV »

Oh my! This group has really grabbed ahold of me! I bought their album Throwing Copper after hearing a 6 pack on the radio and I've been hooked ever since. I've almost completed my collection of their catalog and am hoping to be done soon. Two more albums to get!

The musicianship and lyric writing of these guys is incredible. I'd have to say my favorite songs are Iris, Pain Lies On The Riverside, and The Beauty of Gray ("This is not a black and white world, To be alive I say the colors must swirl"). But really, I love them all! Anyone else??

If you aren't familiar with them, their bass player is just amazing. Check out "Pain Lies..." for a phenomenal example. And "Iris" will really show off the drums. Well, that's this non-musician talking...

They are touring this fall and I'm planning on catching them at their hometown York County Fair in PA and again in Atlantic City. :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I like Live. I have a few of their CDs. I've never had the chance to see them, uh, live, but I'd like to.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
3 travelers

Re: Live

Post by 3 travelers »

PV wrote:Oh my! This group has really grabbed ahold of me! I bought their album Throwing Copper after hearing a 6 pack on the radio and I've been hooked ever since. I've almost completed my collection of their catalog and am hoping to be done soon. Two more albums to get!

The musicianship and lyric writing of these guys is incredible. I'd have to say my favorite songs are Iris, Pain Lies On The Riverside, and The Beauty of Gray ("This is not a black and white world, To be alive I say the colors must swirl"). But really, I love them all! Anyone else??

If you aren't familiar with them, their bass player is just amazing. Check out "Pain Lies..." for a phenomenal example. And "Iris" will really show off the drums. Well, that's this non-musician talking...

They are touring this fall and I'm planning on catching them at their hometown York County Fair in PA and again in Atlantic City. :cool:
I absolutely loved the first album... songs like Waterboy and Pain.... great stuff. Alas... that is all I have from them along with Secret Samadhi
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I thought 'Throwing Copper' was a truly excellent album. I remember playing it for such a long time. I bought the follow up 'Secret Sahmedi' and have downloaded one other but I couldnt retain my interest.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

I have all but Secret Samadhi and I find that even V is growing on me, though I did not like quite a few songs on that one at first. This is an amazing group and I love their music! :D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

I enjoy Throwing Copper as well. "Horse" is the only song on the album I consider to be a load of crap, followed by "Waitress".

Everybody's good enough for some change.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

A good Pennsylvania band if there ever was one.

I enjoy them too.
Don't start none...won't be none.