Login

Found an error on By-Tor.com? Post it here.

Moderator: by-tor

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, right , By-Tor! You wouldn't ban the Dweeb. :roll:
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

don't give him ideas, we all know how much he likes to oppose hippies :D
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

*Stalking Sir Mygeek*
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I didn't want to say anything either as I thought I might be doing something wrong. When I "logout" while ON the site and then try to post later (sometimes I leave it up at work) and login I keep getting the login screen over and over and over but it never "takes."

Eventually I need to close the site and try from scratch. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Sometimes I just need to re-boot. What does this mean? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sounds like a cookies issue. When this happens, look at the URL bar. The way JTL has Apache setup, the domain name may change from www.by-tor.com to just by-tor.com, and a cookie set for www.by-tor.com might not be read if it switches to by-tor.com
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Maybe that's why I have login problems on my home PC.

I have no problems at work but on my home PC I get the login screen on nearly every page I visit. I can't post any posts at home due to this problem.
Bassist of Joe's Band

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

H3WMW wrote:Maybe that's why I have login problems on my home PC.

I have no problems at work but on my home PC I get the login screen on nearly every page I visit. I can't post any posts at home due to this problem.
Clear your cookies at home. If you're using something other than IE, you can just clear the cookies for this site. With IE, you have to clear all your cookies (unless you want to manually delete them from the filesystem).
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!