my 2 cents

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

my 2 cents

Post by Sir Myghin »

Ok i'm rather disturbed at this moment, and i'll put in my opinion as enough is enough.
Alright, chaz, you have a lady friend, great, seeing a pic of you and her, fine, but that one is relatively disgusting. keep your activities in the bedroom please. I think its bad enough the whole online romance crap was on the board in the frist place, but we had the option not to read that, to go to greater extremes to dodge such an avatar would be ludicrous as it will turn up everywhere.
if i offend anyone, i can't say that i care. for such things offend me.

Kyle
Last edited by Sir Myghin on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

A nicer way of putting this would have been:

Don't mind in the least if the pic is in your thread Lnite made for you or your announcement thread, but (here I go excersizing that "freedom of speach" thing) there are some of us who would rather not see it. We have generally avoided these threads, esp since you two don't wish them to be goofed off in.

*Note: This is not an attack on anyone or anything.
Last edited by Aerosmitten on Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I disagree with you both. I admit that there should be some restraint but havent you any romance in your soul?
You are both young and clearly havent experienced the all encompassing emotion that is 'new fresh love'. I am not not attempting to patronise, please believe me.
Yes, gedda room but leave them be you hear!
Personally, I have worked hard to save my fifteen year marriage these past few months and am pleased to announce success. I am over the moon, in love...again and am grinning like a twat.
We all know the feeling, soon enough the heart rate settles and the true learning begins. Enjoy the rush while it lasts.
SirM wrote: I think its bad enough the whole online romance crap was on the board in the frist place
Why? It was in the 'general' section and I found it heartening to read. Welcome to 2004 mate. The net is very much the place for getting together these days. We have all heard the negative side of chatrooms etc so lets share in the positive for a change. My very own sister met someone via the net and moved to a different country to be together and now resides there...and couldnt be happier.
I, myself, when seperated from the wife waaaay back, found solace in someone here for a time, all decent and above board of course. It can be a good thing.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

LOL This is just priceless to me!!!

If you don't like the threads about love, WHY GO INTO THEM?????????? That's why we title the threads appropriately so you'll know what you're entering. And I'm sorry, but since when does having your arms around your partner equate bedroom activities???

Grow up, eh Aero? If love and happiness means I'm suddenly a kid again, that's fine by me. I'll take that. Regardless, last time I looked, you are the one younger than me, but whatever. I've learned that kids are always right, so no point in aruging with you about it.

After what's happened to us over at CP this week, we were both hoping to find refuge where it was always friendly...at By-tor. I can see that we're not really even wanted here.

I am about to give up on the ENTIRE lot of Rush message boards. Its just not worth it anymore.
barney_rebel

Post by barney_rebel »

Eh? I know I'm fairly new here, but I am going to stick up for my two friends, Chas and NPG.

Why is it a crime they are showing their happiness? Would it be of great news to you if NPG or Chas came in here bitching about a divorce?

How about if I came in here and told you I wasn't getting along with my wife? It would be such a hot topic and it wouldn't 'offend' you as much would it?

As for "grow up" - in time when you get to be their age, I think you'll understand.

BTW - if you think that picture of them is in bad taste, I'll gladly post some of the art from my art site.

I just might start a thread of that, and no there won't be any nudity... ;)
He's a rebel and a runner
He's a signal turning green
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Aw, let's be fair. The post that started the thread admitted that if someone didn't want to read the thread about you two, they didn't have to. Wasn't the only request a replacement of an avatar?

I know that I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone here isn't happy for you two. Please don't take any of what was said as a desire from anyone that either of you leave the forum.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I know *most* people are happy for us, but its pretty damn frustrating when people can't learn what threads to stay out of and then take the people participating in the threads to task for the content. :roll:
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

neilpeart_gal wrote:I know *most* people are happy for us,
Only most? I can't think of anyone who would not wish the pair of you every happiness.
but its pretty damn frustrating when people can't learn what threads to stay out of and then take the people participating in the threads to task for the content. :roll:
The problem is when the "content" spreads beyond those couple of threads - particularly when you and (particularly) Chas so strongly defend those threads against anything off-topic.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I'll say AGAIN, the content of any thread is usually pretty easy to figure out by the title of it. If you're tired of the Chas and NPG love story, as most seem to be, WHY WOULD YOU GO INTO ANY THREAD WITH US AS THE SUBJECT???

And yes, we do like our threads to stay about us :-D and anyone else here is just as free to do the same thing in threads they start, too.

I'll be sure and let you all know if Chas and I ever break up. That will be great reading for you all I'm sure.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

This is difficult for me because I personally find it hard to see how one can be offended by two people in love and the display of it. But if you are then so be it.

Actually I've been "offended" and even frightened by some things posted on this site but have either ignored them or chosen not to enter the threads that do so for me. I disagree with many members' philosophies, etc. (as I'm sure people disagree with me) but try to keep a clear view of the sides or at least by-tor's right to have them post them.

NPG has been nothing but a dear, sweet person to me. She brought me here long ago. Her generosity knows no bounds and I don't know Chas too well but if he is with her then I think that is terrific.

I would hope a nice balance can be struck here since the "content" holds no implied malice.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
barney_rebel

Post by barney_rebel »

neilpeart_gal wrote: I'll be sure and let you all know if Chas and I ever break up. That will be great reading for you all I'm sure.
Bingo.
He's a rebel and a runner
He's a signal turning green
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I am going to throw my 2 cents in now. because I don't think it is NPG who needs to grow up. She and Chas are in love. She feels like this is her home and the people here are her family. Some of you people need to get a grip. Are you truly offended by that one picture? Cmon give me a break.... I've seen worse things on Cartoon Network. I thought it was a beautiful picture. Whats so offensive about two people in love? Kyle and Aero, better throw out your Hemispheres and Permant Waves albums. Naked butts and panty shots offend me too. Good Grief.... What's next. Keep posting Tracey-- I want to see a little more next time. :-D Christ I feel like I am back on the Rush boards. :roll:
Happy 2015!
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

neilpeart_gal wrote:I'll say AGAIN, the content of any thread is usually pretty easy to figure out by the title of it. If you're tired of the Chas and NPG love story, as most seem to be, WHY WOULD YOU GO INTO ANY THREAD WITH US AS THE SUBJECT???
You don't need to repeat yourself; I clearly said that there's no problem when that kind of stuff stays within its own thread(s).

But when it appears in other threads, where you are not in the title, what then? Are those of us who aren't voyeuristic enough to read your threads now expected to also avoid any and all threads to which you post?

Since you're so adamant about keeping your own threads on-topic, my suggestion is simply that you refrain from sending other threads off-topic. Is that so much to ask?

For what it's worth, I personally don't find Chas's avatar objectionable on any puritanical/prudish grounds.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

What has spilled into other threads that is so questionable?? They are just saying how they feel about each other. I for one do not see a problem with that...
Happy 2015!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Oh so its Chas' avatar that's offensive, or just the pictures? I just want to be clear from our thread starter so we don't stray off topic.

If its his avatar, then I assume mine is also offensive? I mean two people with their arms around each other??? The HORROR of it all!!!! :roll:

I'm all good with keeping all threads on the original topic. I'll do just that as soon as everyone else does! My point is, if I'm in a thread and I cause it to go off topic, then the thread starter asks me to get back on topic, I would and I wouldn't get my nose bent out of shape over it either. Cos I'm just that kind of person. Guess we just found something else that offends people tho.

Do the pictures appear somewhere else? I seriously cannot remember them being somewhere other than our threads, but I could be wrong. Regardless, as Soup4Rush said, guess we better throw Hemispheres and PW out as offensive too. Gotta toss the baby out with the bathwater, after all...!