NO one should leave !!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DutchRush

NO one should leave !!

Post by DutchRush »

Are you all nuts ? or what ? Over 200 people that have summat to do with Rush and all...or many that are just interested to be on a Forum. This Forum has such a good name, we have an excellent moderator, many many very good people and I don't know what more...
But it's kinda logical that over 200 peeps don't always have the same opinion on things eh ? well..too bad ! that's life ! right ? What would you peeps think, if either Geddy, Alex or even Neil ( * most unlikely :-D ) would think if they saw us all bickering like that, eh ? If they had displayed that kind of "splitting up" attitude back in 1976, we wouldn't even be HAVING a Forum today !!! now consider that !
You all wanna know summat ? Only last week...here in "our" peacefull Holland, they shot somebody out on the streets, just like that ! ( * opinionmaker ) because he just said what he thought...
Well either shooting someone....or just to leave a Forum, out of the fact that you're simply not agreed with some things that others say from time to time...either deliberatly...or not....doesn't make a difference !
We can all prove today that we have an democratic mind, freedom of speech...that we are the people who solve issues with words instead of violent behaviour or running away...not to behave like the maple's, who claim that the Oaks are just too lofty...
No ! instead of that we'd better communicate and negotiate...then there's light for everyone ! wanna bet ?

Stay folks ! I've searched everywhere, but there just isn't any better Forum than "ours", her on By-Tor ! eh ? By-tor ?

Tonny ( Dutchrush )
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I hear ya brother.
This space for rent
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Hear, hear! One would think that with all of us caring so deeply for a band as amazing as RUSH, that we'd all take a deep breath and remember that this country is based on freedom--both to like and to dislike what others do. Surely we can have disagreements without people deciding a little conflict isn't worth the haven? All families have fighting from time to time. Hopefully that doesn't mean we'll all decide to pack it in because we had an ugly tiff?
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

The last time I got in a fight with my brother he broke my jaw after I tap danced all over his skull. We get along great now.

So come on people, let's tap dance!!!!!! :-D
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

*puts on tap shoes* Let's go!!! :cool:

And that was beautiful, Tonny. Very well put. Time for a group hug!!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i love you Tonny. couldn't've said it any better myself.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Group HUG .... :twisted: Agreed ! who can beat us to it eh ?

stupid question......NO ONE ! :-D
schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm just gonna say whatevery one is saying..........well said Tonny :-)
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

:? What the FUCK happened that was so bad that Aero and smd were asked to leave? :? Aero was so nice and funny and sweet. I have been trying to find the Topic or topics involved but haven't yet?
Rush on! AnalogK....aka "The Count"

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

The topics were moved to a restricted area so as to kill the 'war' that both sides were taking part in.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Walkinghairball

Hey Top, there is still residue of it on page 17 of Chas and NPG thread.

Not superheated stuff mind you, but if you take it all, take it all. Right??? :-)
This space for rent
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey Top, there is still residue of it on page 17 of Chas and NPG thread.

Not superheated stuff mind you, but if you take it all, take it all. Right??? :-)
Page 17? Hell, I didn't even know there was a page 17.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Were you refering to the Neil thread?
Chasartymac

Post by Chasartymac »

by-tor wrote:The topics were moved to a restricted area so as to kill the 'war' that both sides were taking part in.
I took part in no war.
NPG took part in no war.

I'm shocked that your memory has got this one wrong. If you recall, AS and SMG took out an extremely personal attack against me in PMs. I was so dumbfounded that I contacted you directly by PM and said that I defer to whatever action that you think fit. You advised that I could answer if I want but to keep it off the board. I answered with a very in depth PM which explained the situation between NPG and I in great detail so that they might understand a little of how we came to be together. The personal insults still came again from AS, and, a misused friendship was revealed which made it too awkward for NPG to remain here as a regular poster. As she held back posting here, so did I. As a result you made your own decision to ask them to leave.

I think that after I was called a 'heathen with no moral stature', and 'an adulterer', by two teenagers with limited experience, by nature of their age, in relationships, the restraint that I showed was remarkable.

There was no war that I know of.