Fav' Book : Tery Pratchett 'Going Postal'

Fav' Gig : Rush, Birmingham, 15/9/04

Fav' Game : The Battle For Middle Earth PC

Feel free to add your own categories.
happysmilies007

Re: 2004

Post by happysmilies007 »

Fav' Album: RUSH -- Feedback

Fav' Movie : geez, this year in movies sucked..from any of the movies that came out this yr, i either haven't seen it, or it sucked!

Fav' Book : MYST: The Book of D'ni

Fav' Gig : RUSH in Charlotte!! 5/28/04

Fav' Game : Unreal Tournament 2004 & The Sims 2 (if either'd run on my computer :x )

thanks Ogg :-D

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

Fav' Album: Green Day, "American Idiot"

Fav' Movie : Dodgeball

Fav' Book : R.A. Salvatore, "The Lone Drow"

Fav' Gig : Only one I saw was The Scorpions, Battle Creek.

Fav' Game : Halo 2 (Multiplayer)
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Fav Album : Rush - Feedback

Fave Book : Philip K Dick - Five Great Novels

Fave Film: : Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Fave Gig: Rush, Wembley September 9

Best TV Series : Lost
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Slaine wrote:Fave Film: : Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I download a lot of movies and in my opinion ESOTSMind disappointed big time. To each their own an all that. I DO like Jim Carrey (excellent in the new Lemony Snicket film). Suprised that anyone could call it one of the movies of the year though.

If I may recommend a good movie then please check out 'The House Of Flying Daggers' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385004/?fr ... ;fc=1;ft=1 .

In the vein of 'Hidden Tiger Crouching Dragon' and starring the beautiful Ziyi Zhang http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0955471/ . I watched it with the good woman and we both agree that this is a great piece of art.

I quote "Stunning! Beautiful! Opulent! Visually breathtaking! Aesthetic perfection! All these words and phrases could be used to describe Zhang Yimou's latest action/love-story blockbuster, House of Flying Daggers, which I had the pleasure of (and believe me, pleasure is the exact word) seeing last night at the cinema..."
The soundtrack album is as beautiful as the film.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Ogg wrote:
Slaine wrote:Fave Film: : Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I download a lot of movies and in my opinion ESOTSMind disappointed big time. To each their own an all that. I DO like Jim Carrey (excellent in the new Lemony Snicket film). Suprised that anyone could call it one of the movies of the year though.

If I may recommend a good movie then please check out 'The House Of Flying Daggers' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385004/?fr ... ;fc=1;ft=1 .

In the vein of 'Hidden Tiger Crouching Dragon' and starring the beautiful Ziyi Zhang http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0955471/ . I watched it with the good woman and we both agree that this is a great piece of art.

I quote "Stunning! Beautiful! Opulent! Visually breathtaking! Aesthetic perfection! All these words and phrases could be used to describe Zhang Yimou's latest action/love-story blockbuster, House of Flying Daggers, which I had the pleasure of (and believe me, pleasure is the exact word) seeing last night at the cinema..."
The soundtrack album is as beautiful as the film.
Truth is Eternal Sunshine was a big surprise for me as I can't stand Jim Carrey. I don't think I'd be much for the Flying Daggers as I'm not into Martial Arts stuff (I found Crouching Tiger a bit dull to be honest).

I liked Eternal Sunshine because, at times, it was very Philip K Dick in tone - more so than any of the films that have been made of his books - and uit had a good supporting cast.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

I hated Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Which is funny, 'cuz I love the Matrix, The One, and all the old-fashioned Kung-Fu movies (Bruce Lee owns). but Crouching Tiger stank like no other.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

The Snow Dog wrote:...but Crouching Tiger stank like no other.
:-D :-D :-D .

My wife trains in various styles of martial arts (over twenty years now) and I have seen too many movies of that genre for comfort but HTCDragon was one that we both enjoyed. HOFDaggers is far superior.

Hey SnowDog, you better hope my good woman doesnt see this post, she'll kick your butt mate! :-D .
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

I fence... bwa...?

er...

Anywho, just sayin' what I think.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

The Snow Dog wrote:I fence... bwa...?

er...

Anywho, just sayin' what I think.
Lol, no problems with one's opinion. You may have noticed the :-D smiley which is indicative of humerous undertones, yes? :-D :-D :-D .
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

and perhaps you noted the 'bwa...?' meant to signify my understanding of said humorous undertone.

that being said

HAVE AT THEE!

*draws bath*