Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Eventually. I'm making jerky :-D
turkey jerky?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I saw Prince Caspian this week with the kids. They want to see all the Narnia movies in the theatre, and so do I.

*Usual disclaimer about the book being better and the movie not following the book just so.*

The cinematography was great! There were some scenes underwater that really rocked. The special effects were good, and the mythological creatures and talking animals were quite believable.

Anyone who has not seen The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe or read the Narnia will have no trouble seeing this and understanding what is going on, although they may not get all the nuances.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Hope to see it tonight!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I think I have to go take megan to it tomorow, didnt see the first one, have read the lion witch and wardrobe however, it is the reason I didn't pursue the other books.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

What about it kept you from the other books?
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Saw the movie. Liked it a lot. Not as good as the first. But neither was the book as I recall...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

May? Blood May?!!? The last time you lot discussed popular culture? For shame! :-)

Currently reading the new Stephen King paperback 'Duma Key' Image over here and it's a good un. My good chum Husk Dan is trying to get me interested in the Scottish author Ian Banks and having read two I'm slowly getting there. The new Terry Pratchett non-Discworld novel 'Nation' Image is worthy of your attention: "Set on a tiny island in the Pacific threatened by pirates as well as by its inheritance of accumulated ignorance and prejudice, Nation shows how individuals with intellectual courage can still help bring about a just society capable of defeating its worst enemies" . Good stuff.

Far too many downloaded movies to mention although nothing competes with the favourite Ogg movie of 2008 the legendary awesome 'Kung Fu Panda' Image and the obligatory (but rather good) Kung Fu Panda computer game that little Connor forced me to play for hours.
Continuing with my interest in both 'Lost' and the slightly inferior 'Heroes' but these are downloaded as the televison is an evil thing.

My bro Hairy will be interested in the new multiplatform Spiderman: Web of Shadows computer game (we play it on the pc) Image Has to be the best Spidey game ever!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yes! It was May we talked of this last. When we dont' have you about, things go by the wayside. We need you to remind us to have lives! lol

Personally, I've been "reading" (with my ears) Edgar Rice Burrough's sci-fi books. The series I just finished is akin to The Lost World by Doyle, but sufficiently different and well-written enough that although it is similar in a way, it was quite interesting and gave my mind some fun while I cleaned.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

My bro Hairy will be interested in the new multiplatform Spiderman: Web of Shadows computer game (we play it on the pc) Image Has to be the best Spidey game ever!
I have seen a few clips of this on Myspace and it looks really good. I am interested to give it a spin.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh, and by the way, since we are discussing books again, I thought I'd share my favorite kind of bookmark. You can find a template on this page that you can print out and make your own bookmarks from. Once you've done it from a template, you will see how you can do this on your own and you could make all sorts of cool bookmarks using different papers, putting your own sayings or pictures on them, however you feel inclined to be creative with them.

http://www.incredibooks.com/wp-content/ ... kmarks.pdf
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

This is going to be the best movie in years, man. After watching this trailer I can't wait!

Star Trek - The Movie

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/11/some ... movies.php

Sylar as Spock is genius.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:This is going to be the best movie in years, man. After watching this trailer I can't wait!

Star Trek - The Movie

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/11/some ... movies.php

Sylar as Spock is genius.
*cough*

http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/viewtopic.php?t=3050

EDIT- they pushed the date back to MAY?!!?! Ach.
Last edited by YYZ30 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Fair enough. :lol: I had even posted some pics on that one. Wow, the brain lets me down again.

Still, I watched the trailer posted there and it can't touch this newer one. :-D

I think I'll post it over there as well.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Fair enough. :lol: I had even posted some pics on that one. Wow, the brain lets me down again.

Still, I watched the trailer posted there and it can't touch this newer one. :-D

I think I'll post it over there as well.
The newer trailer roxxors- don't get me wrong. I am passing it around to all my trekkie friends.

(May, good Lord I can't wait that long....)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So (*dreams*) what city are we all gonna meet in to have our By-torian viewing of the new Trek on opening day? Oh! And pizza, of course! ;-)
Onward and Upward!