I swear I'm gonna get a by-tor band going!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElderberryRyan

I swear I'm gonna get a by-tor band going!

Post by ElderberryRyan »

Ok, time for a colletctive effort. If we get this done, I will mix and distribute this with custom artwork to every member of the board.

We're gonna write some traxxxxxxx

What we need is bassists, drummers, guitarists, keyboardist and eventually lyricists/vocalists to write at least 3 tunes which will become the by-tor band EP cd!

First we'll get drummers to write and record a track on their own, trying to stick to a metronome if possible. Then he or she sends it to the bassist who will then write a bass part for those drums. Then they send it to a guitarist who will then record all the guitar parts they find appropriate. Then once the final tracks are done, I'd like to get them in seperate .wav files so that I can mix them down into a near-final track. We'll then work on lyrics and get someone to sing them. Once it's all done, we'll agree on what the general theme of it all is and whoever's up for artwork will submit some trials and then voila! we have something to be proud of!

Initally we'll need just a list of who's up for it and what they do. Then we'll sort it out into groups to work together and compose the track. This will probably take a few months, but I think it could work. There's enough people with studio experience to help you get the best sound possible from your respected recording, so it could really work.

Now for the links!

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/]Audacity - A freeware recording and editing program. I will probably be doing all the mixing as well as my own recording on this. I can't tell you how good of a program it is. Saves files in .wav

www.megaupload.com]Megaupload - A free filehosting site that hosts up to 500mb folders. Zip your audio files here to send to the other members of your "band" to finish up the song.

So, let's get a roster going, and a pool of thought for what we could write conceptually!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This looks like it could work!

We have a number of people here who play instruments, and it would be interesting to see what we came up with.

I am willing to do some bass. It won't be anything like Geddy, but...LOL
Onward and Upward!
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

I'm not expecting greatness here, I think that would be to hard to achieve with just the distance factor in it. I'm just interested in the results:
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Ill do what I can with the guitar.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

We've discussed this before. I have three seperate rhythms I'm working on with my mate. In theory I could send them on for you all to add bits to, that would be interesing. Then again it's getting a decent enough quality recording at my end. Let me get back to you on this...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I could play saxophone, but if the name of the album is not called "When Cats Die", I am afraid I won't be of much use.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Soup4Rush wrote:I could play saxophone, but if the name of the album is not called "When Cats Die", I am afraid I won't be of much use.
SNARF!!!!
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Soup4Rush wrote:I could play saxophone, but if the name of the album is not called "When Cats Die", I am afraid I won't be of much use.
:-D :-D :-D

I could play the drums if the title is 'When Ears Collide through over-playing' :-)
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I have been referred to as one of the finest fingers pullers every recorded. If that seems like it may fit in somewhere, lemme know. You may have heard some of my work on Yanni's "Nature Sounds And Other Universal Magic" album! LOL