The Watchmen..............gonna see it???

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Yup- when it comes to DVD.

Not going to let some schmuck on his cell phone ruin it for me.
you have problems with that down there? our theatres are usually pretty good, especially when teenagers cannot attend the movie, but even then they are usually fairly well behaved.
The last movie I went to (besides matinees with the family- we go on a weekday and there's about 8 people in there)- I had some guy threaten me with a beating because I told him to shut his damn cell phone off and shush.

The ushers gave him a warning and let him stay *eyeroll*
Let me guess, this was some little Napoleonic bastard with a deathwish???
Nope- it was a ~20 year old with a group of his friends, and he got big brass balls because his friends were with him.

Let me say that I was with a couple, and the male was built like me. When said person started running his mouth at me again after the usher left, we stood up in tandem and told him to STFU.

He did some quick math in his head (8 of them, 2 of us that looked like we could play D line for the Patriots) , and he shut his mouth.

still miseed 15 minutes of the flick because of his jibbajabba.
I hate punk ass idiots, I would have put him upside down in the garbage can out of principle :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Yup- when it comes to DVD.

Not going to let some schmuck on his cell phone ruin it for me.
you have problems with that down there? our theatres are usually pretty good, especially when teenagers cannot attend the movie, but even then they are usually fairly well behaved.
The last movie I went to (besides matinees with the family- we go on a weekday and there's about 8 people in there)- I had some guy threaten me with a beating because I told him to shut his damn cell phone off and shush.

The ushers gave him a warning and let him stay *eyeroll*
Let me guess, this was some little Napoleonic bastard with a deathwish???
Nope- it was a ~20 year old with a group of his friends, and he got big brass balls because his friends were with him.

Let me say that I was with a couple, and the male was built like me. When said person started running his mouth at me again after the usher left, we stood up in tandem and told him to STFU.

He did some quick math in his head (8 of them, 2 of us that looked like we could play D line for the Patriots) , and he shut his mouth.

still miseed 15 minutes of the flick because of his jibbajabba.
*sigh* Some people's kids...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I hate idiots like that. Just makes me wanna twist their necks shut. :twisted:
This space for rent
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Just thought I should mention it.

The guy that plays Rorsach came to San Antonio today to sign autographs. Truthfully I'm not familiar with the books or film. Since I'm part of a Doctor who fan club, I got the email about the signing but I forgot what day it was on until too late. I had to go to work. It's ok though. Hopefully next time someone famous comes by (like the new Doctor Who) :-D I'll get that day off.
I love my Welshman.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

rushlight wrote:Just thought I should mention it.

The guy that plays Rorsach came to San Antonio today to sign autographs. Truthfully I'm not familiar with the books or film. Since I'm part of a Doctor who fan club, I got the email about the signing but I forgot what day it was on until too late. I had to go to work. It's ok though. Hopefully next time someone famous comes by (like the new Doctor Who) :-D I'll get that day off.
neat, he was a perfect casting too.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Jackie Earl Haley aka Kelly Leak from "The Bad News Bears"
schuette

Post by schuette »

how can you say that??? David Tennant will always be the best Dr Who :-D ...and you have to admit he's got a hard act to follow...

not saw the film yet but hopefully I'll see it soon
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I'll be in Wales in June. Maybe I'll be lucky and see David filming somewhere. Dan and I will be going to the places where they film Doctor Who and Torchwood.

I was very sad about David leaving but I'm curious about Matt Smith and I saw his interview. I think he'll do a very good job. I'm looking forward to the specials. :-D
I love my Welshman.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Take, and then POST a ton of pix ok???
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

I finally got to see it a few weeks back..................WOW!!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:I finally got to see it a few weeks back..................WOW!!!!!!!!!!
indeed