Say hiya and introduce yourself here

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil Dick wrote:Just wanted to light your fire and say HELLO from down deep in the recesses of my mind!
I liked Rush way back hearing the first vynal "RUSH" however they just got better with Mr. Peart!
Hey there! Welcome to the forum. But don't just leave us hangin'... where are you from, etc.?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Devil Dick wrote:Just wanted to light your fire and say HELLO from down deep in the recesses of my mind!
I liked Rush way back hearing the first vynal "RUSH" however they just got better with Mr. Peart!
Welcome Devil Dick.
Bassist of Joe's Band

zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Devil Dick . . . sounds painful! :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Welcome.

If you like football, we have a bragging thing going on in the sports forum..........we can start you with last place total points and you just pick from there............iffin you want to.

Oh wait, this is a Rush board,...............heh heh, sorry. :-)
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Welcome to the asylum and expansive playground of our digital dreams.
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey Devil Dick! Nice to meet another Rush fan! Tell us a bit about yourself :-)
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Good day sir.
Welcome aboard!
Devil Dick

Post by Devil Dick »

WOW! Seven people said hi to me. :-)

I am a bit relentant to tell you all more about me but I will hoping not to be judged? I am locked up in an asylum and they just recently let us use computers... but rules, rules, rules are driving me insane. My real name is Richard but everyone calls me Devil Dick mostly because when Nixon was president I wrote things that Uncle Sam didn't like and I ended up in here smashing my head up against the bars. They fried my brain and doped me up so now I am better, just a bit slower. I never hurt anyone nor am I a pervert, just a poet. I will be nice because I don't want them to take my computer privleges away. I could of got let out but I choose to stay because society is mad and people make me nervous where I can't control my bowels...however hidden behind a computer is nice, I don't have to feel all the evil, very rarely I come across someone who is so full of love it's like an orgasim of my mind and I feel very comfortable around them. I get out and walk the grounds and we have a nice pool and I over see a garden but keep to myself mostly. My poetry is about problems of humanity and my writing has earned me a lot of money, that I don't really need but I guess it keeps this place running. I can't, well I don't want to give anyone the name of this place because I am afraid but it's warm all year round, that's all I am going to say. If you want I will share some of my writings or I will go and not come back if I make anyone uncomfortable? I read a lot of stuff here and for the most part found you all to be nice or I wouldn't have joined to begin with.

Love,

Devil Dick
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Welcome aboard,

I wouldn't worry about leaving, you seem like good people. I doubt you will see any persecution here due to interesting circumstances, we aren't that type.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote:Welcome aboard,

I wouldn't worry about leaving, you seem like good people. I doubt you will see any persecution here due to interesting circumstances, we aren't that type.
Roger that! :)
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Yo Dick, sometimes we talk smack, but it's all in love and jest.

We are a family here. As long as you don't lie, cheat or steal, I think we would all consider you one of our own.

Welcome aboard!

Oh, pardon myself and some of the other religious right. We love it here because there is a high level of tolerance. :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:Welcome aboard,

Oh yes we are!

*duct tapes Dweebs for being Canadian* What are you gonna do now, Myg?
Devil Dick

Post by Devil Dick »

I am wearing my only "RUSH" T-Shirt I own. I actually went to a "Vapor Trails" concert respecting them dearly being high on the intelligence plain. My doctor gave me some special medicne, it was either that or wear a diaper. I like Rush very much or never would I of stepped past that evil gate. Neil Pearts lyrics are very intelligent, many towards the aches of society and the music is sweet.

I am writing this looking at the catus among scattered puddles of sun, beyond the land of crew-cut lawns, where people worship cell phone towers, television and get drunk on commercials. Screaming sewers of greed! Screaming sewers of greed! Looney-tune nightly news, fried brains over credit card debt and Wall Street eching in everyone's food pantry. Bullets of misdirected visions of American pie a glutons plate pf economic integration soaked in blood... human sacrifices of technolgy, for coin collectors.

I am probably going to get my hand slapped for that being under a contract.

What is that...cliches of wisdom?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil Dick wrote:I am wearing my only "RUSH" T-Shirt I own. I actually went to a "Vapor Trails" concert respecting them dearly being high on the intelligence plain. My doctor gave me some special medicne, it was either that or wear a diaper. I like Rush very much or never would I of stepped past that evil gate. Neil Pearts lyrics are very intelligent, many towards the aches of society and the music is sweet.
That's cool that you made it to that tour. It was a particularly special one considering that a few years earlier Neil had declared himself retired due to his personal tragedies. To see him out there again, playing his heart out and smiling at his band-mates... it was heart warming.
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

awip2062 wrote:Tell Kelley congrats from us and scritch Tia, too. Do you have pictures of her grown you could show us here?
Here ya go T.

Baby Tia (approx 7 weeks old)

Adult Tia (almost 5 years old)
Bassist of Joe's Band