American Idol

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

schuette wrote:Adam will get a career anyway
Check this out...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30944366/
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
schuette

Post by schuette »

good news for him :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

More about Adam Lambert.

Gene Simmons: 'Adam Lambert Killed His Career By Coming Out'
PostChronicle.com

American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert has ruined his budding career by coming out as gay, according to rock legend Gene Simmons.

Lambert ended weeks of speculation by declaring his sexuality just days after he lost the 2009 show finale to Kris Allen.

Simmons insists he should have kept the information to himself, because his homosexuality will now overshadow everything he ever does.

The Kiss star tells Aol, "He killed his career because now the conversation is not about his talent but about his sexual preference. He's done.

"I hope I'm completely wrong. I hope he becomes the next Beatles and proves me wrong."

It's not all bad news for Lambert - Simmons recently invited him to join his band on tour, telling reporters, "Adam was fantastic. What a powerful and attractive man he is. He can come on tour whenever he'd like."
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

what was Gene on when he said that...? how can one guy become the beatles which was a group :lol:

I personally think that if is sexual preference overcomes his singing ability then its a sad bigoted world...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

schuette wrote:what was Gene on when he said that...? how can one guy become the beatles which was a group :lol:

I personally think that if is sexual preference overcomes his singing ability then its a sad bigoted world...

Agreed. It hasn't hurt Elton, Pete, Freddie, Clay, and countless others.

I like that Gene also said Adam could tour with KISS. They have helped plenty of upstart bands in their history.

Rush for one.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

:-D

he didnt put Adam down really..he just said what society will probably think..and if he does tour with Kiss it will be a huge boost to his career
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Gene is well acquainted with being stigmatized.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball

schuette wrote::-D

he didnt put Adam down really..he just said what society will probably think..and if he does tour with Kiss it will be a huge boost to his career
Agreed. And for the record, even though I didn't watch the show, I kept up with some of the final highlights and the kid can sing his butt off.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

I still think he should have won...I also think he'll have a bigger career than the actual winner