I'm gobsmacked! :-O

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Panacea

I'm gobsmacked! :-O

Post by Panacea »

I'm sure everyone and his left eyeball has seen this, but if you haven't, prepare to be happily gobsmacked! :-D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Just shows you should never underestimate a Scot! :-D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

If it's not Scottish it's CRAP!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

What a sweetheart. I think she is a great singer and an adorable personality. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I've got a tear in my eye thinking what her life could have been like had that talent been discovered 27 years ago.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Ogg

Re: I'm gobsmacked! :-O

Post by Ogg »

Panacea wrote:I'm sure everyone and his left eyeball has seen this, but if you haven't, prepare to be happily gobsmacked! :-D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Just shows you should never underestimate a Scot! :-D
Well thanks Pan, having a loathing for all things tv I havent had a chance to watch, it's all over the media here (which makes me want to avoid it all the more) but I am pleased I finally did catch it.
Wow! When she begins to sing...hairs on the back of the neck...ok, I see what all the fuss is about now, powerful stuff! :-) .

14,730,096 views already!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I wanted to shout like the tricycle kid from The Incredibles!!! :-D :-D :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I saw her on the TV when I was at a client's home and the client and I were discussing the change that came over the audience. From sneers to cheers. Just shows you how messed up we humans are.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Wow! If that doesn't touch your soul, you are prolly already dead!
schuette

Post by schuette »

YYZ30 wrote:If it's not Scottish it's CRAP!
that is so true :-D

I watched this when it was on telly last week...when I saw her I did the same as everyone else...sniggered a wee bit...to be honest I was more shocked that she was only 5 year older than me! and lets face it anyone who watches these programmes will know the numpties that enter it (some, in my opinion, should be entering the looney bin)..but after hearing her sing like everyone else I was gobsmacked.

There was a bit about her in the Daily Record and it is true she's never been kissed..I was trying to find the article that talked about her past life but I cant find it...I did find this quote though..
SINGER Susan Boyle wowed everyone with her stunning performance on Britain's Got Talent - everyone except herself.
Watching the ITV1 show in her council house, she wasn't focusing on her amazing rendition of West End hit I Dreamed a Dream.
The Scots sensation was too shocked at how she looked.

Susan, 48, of Blackburn, West Lothian, said: "They say TV makes you look fat and it certainly did.
"I looked like a garage. It was mortifying to see and a bit of a shock. I didn't realise I could reduce people to tears and I hope it wasn't because of that."
what a sweety she is :-)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Was it the older lass singing?

I saw it on YAHOO video and all I can say is WOW.

You SOLD IT, girl.

I'm sure the internet is going to make her a instant star if the show
doesn't.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

awip2062 wrote:I saw her on the TV when I was at a client's home and the client and I were discussing the change that came over the audience. From sneers to cheers. Just shows you how messed up we humans are.

I feel exactly the same. I was disgusted by the groans and laughs before she opened her mouth. When she said that she had never been kissed I got a little choked up. I think it'd be fun to take her out for a night on the town. Goodnight kiss? Sure, why not? :)

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
awip2062 wrote:I saw her on the TV when I was at a client's home and the client and I were discussing the change that came over the audience. From sneers to cheers. Just shows you how messed up we humans are.

I feel exactly the same. I was disgusted by the groans and laughs before she opened her mouth. When she said that she had never been kissed I got a little choked up. I think it'd be fun to take her out for a night on the town. Goodnight kiss? Sure, why not? :)

What's that saying... "Don't judge a book by it's cover?"
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Unfortunately, she plays right into the stereotype that has been shown to us so many times by these guys.

But what a wonderful slap in the face to everyone watching who had negative feelings about her.

I believed Simon when he said that when she walked out he knew they were in for something special. He knows how the show works.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:When she said that she had never been kissed I got a little choked up. I think it'd be fun to take her out for a night on the town. Goodnight kiss?
I bet she has suitors now! :)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

For the love of Jeezus....someone get her to a hairdresser!

Then I'll talk her into a date. LOL
Don't start none...won't be none.