News from our hometowns

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Agreed. I hope they catch the freak show soon. Otherwise some angry town folk might have to go get him.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

So, our escaped insane killer made national news thru the weekend. No biggie other than who gets the bill for the manhunt. Regardless, he has been recaptured and no one was hurt.............(that we know of).

Good news all around.

Here is the official news story of the capture.
Authorities capture escaped killer in Goldendale Wash.

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 02:45 PM PDT
Updated: Sep 20, 2009 09:09 PM PDT

GOLDENDALE, Wash. - Sgt. Dave Reagan with the Spokane County Sheriff's Office has confirmed to KHQ that Phillip Paul has been taken into custody in the Goldendale area. Paul was brought into custody by three Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies around 4 p.m. Sunday.

Paul had been on the run from authorities since he walked away from a day trip of 31 criminally insane patients from the Eastern State Hospital Forensics Program patients at the Spokane Interstate Fair about 11 a.m. Thursday.

Late Saturday, the Sheriff's Office received information that Paul had been given a ride to the Goldendale, Washington area. Investigative teams judged the tip credible and began relocating to that community starting about 3 a.m. Sunday.

50 to 60 law enforcement officers were in the wooded area near Goldendale searching for Paul. The group is made up of members of the Spokane County Sheriff's Office, The FBI, U.S. Marshals and the Yakima County SWAT Team.

The Spokane County Sheriff's Office helicopter was also used to search the area all morning. Spokane Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said it was the constant pressure from the helicopter that chased Paul out of the timber in which he was hiding and into a failed attempt to hitch another ride out of the area.

A motorist spotted Paul attempting to flag down a ride and alerted police. It was Detective Roger Knight, his partner Det. Mark Renz, and Detective Sergeant Bill Beeman that found the suspect standing in the roadway about 4 p.m. Sunday. Paul was quickly arrested him without incident.

Detective Knight was injured by the fugitive in a failed escape attempt in 1991. Paul fled from a field trip to Medical Lake and began heading southwest toward the family home in Sunnyside. Deputies responding to the report of a suspicious person in the Fishtrap Lake area found and arrested him.

While booking him into the Spokane County Jail, Paul suddenly attacked Knight, knocking him down and unconscious and injuring his shoulder so severely it required surgery to correct.

When Knight learned of Paul's second escape Thursday morning, he volunteered to lead the Spokane County effort to find and re-arrest the suspect.

During his press conference Sunday evening Sheriff Knezovich praised the efforts of his staff and other law enforcement agencies and personnel who assisted in the three-day hunt for the fugitive.

At the same time he expressed frustration at the costs, both in terms of dollars and manpower, that the escape inflicted on his and other participating agencies."The good news for our community is that they can go to sleep tonight a little safer," he said.

Paul was taken from the site of his arrest to the Yakima County Jail. A warrant had been issued there Friday charging the fugitive with Failure to Comply with the Terms of His Commitment to Eastern State Hospital.

It was unknown Sunday if he would then be returned to the hospital or remain in Yakima for further court appearances.

Sunday evening Washington Governor Christine Gregoire released the following statement, "I am pleased Phillip Paul has been apprehended and that the public remained safe while he was at large. I thank all of the participating federal, state and local agencies for their efforts in the search. Now we can focus on why this happened and what we need to do to make sure it never happens again. As part of this review, I have asked DSHS Secretary Susan Dreyfus to look at how our state deals with a growing population of individuals entering our state hospitals from the criminal justice system, a major issue confronting this and other states' mental health systems."
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I would say that maybe this guy should not be taking anymore field trips.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

Yeah, we all have been wondering HOW he got on that trip. Why are criminals going on field trips? Especially criminaly insane???

Funny thing is, the news keeps reporting how he is C I, yet un published reports say how he took all of his clothes, had money, a friend took him to Goldendale.......................... and he's Insane?

Right. :roll: Heard a voice in his head telling him to kill that woman back in the 80's.................right. :roll:

Why do we as a nation tollerate this?
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

reading that story I would have to agree. and I also read that is not the first time he escaped, on a field trip no less. He was going to the fair??? Since when do criminals get to go to the fair?? This whole story stinks..
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

Soup4Rush wrote:reading that story I would have to agree. and I also read that is not the first time he escaped, on a field trip no less. He was going to the fair??? Since when do criminals get to go to the fair?? This whole story stinks..

Yeah, what the story above says is when he escaped the first time he hurt the guys shoulder so bad he needed surgery.

What the guy said on an interview the day Paul escaped at the fair was, "Paul used to be a wrestler, he grabbed me, picked me up and slammed me to the ground, on my shoulder. My shoulder was shattered. It took over a year to recover from that."

Yes, he is the guy that volunteered to head the manhunt to find him. What a super trooper.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Knezovich expressed dismay that Paul aroused no suspicion when he left the mental institution with a backpack loaded with clothing, food, an electric guitar and $50 from a Social Security check.

You are kidding me right??? :roll:
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

Yeah, I wonder just how big the shitstorm will be for Eastern State Hospital. I wonder if the search costs will come out of their next years budget.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I was more curious on why he has a $50 check from social security?
Happy 2015!
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Soup4Rush wrote:I would say that maybe this guy should not be taking anymore field trips.
Not without a leash and shackles anyway.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Insane killer escapes on field trip to county fair
That went nationwide Bro.

We saw it here....Glad they got him back in custody, but the question
remains:

WTF? :? :shock:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Insane killer escapes on field trip to county fair
That went nationwide Bro.

We saw it here....Glad they got him back in custody, but the question
remains:

WTF? :? :shock:

Oh I knew it was nationwide when I saw it on Aol and Comcast news thru the weekend. Hell, Leno made a joke on it last night on his show.

I hollered to Marnie.........."Hey, we made the Leno show!!!!!!!" :lol:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote: Oh I knew it was nationwide when I saw it on
Aol and Comcast news thru the weekend. Hell, Leno made a joke on it
last night on his show.

I hollered to Marnie.........."Hey, we made the Leno show!!!!!!!" :lol:
Sweet! ....kind of. :???: :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

No criminally insane escapees or anything... just a sad accident less than a half-mile from my house.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8083006
SPRINGVILLE -- A young woman died in a very public, but apparently accidental shooting Sunday. Investigators say there is no reason to suspect foul play.

Police say a 24-year-old man and his 19-year-old wife stopped at a 7-11 store at 206 N. Main Street around 11:45 for refreshments. They were taking a break from target shooting and camping in Hobble Creek Canyon.

Kimberley Steele stood behind the young bride in line. "They just looked like they were in there buying candy and snacks and going to go out and, you know, have fun. It didn't appear that they were fighting or anything," she said.

That's when police say things when horribly wrong.

"As they went back to the car, he opened the car door and a .22 caliber revolver fell out. And when it did, it hit the ground and discharged," said Lt. Dave Caron with the Springville Police Department. "Then he looked at her and realized that something was wrong. She kind of lifted her shirt and looked down, and then fainted."

Steele says it was a frightening sight. "He was standing over her screaming that this was his wife, that his wife had been shot, and he was just hysterical," she said.

Gun safety expert Clark Aposhian is the chairman of the Utah Shooting Sports Council. He says it's rare for a dropped revolver to fire. "It's got to land just right on the hammer," he said.

Aposhian thinks it must have been an older gun. Modern single-action revolvers have a safety feature, a tiny bar that lifts up to cover the firing pin.

"It prevents the hammer from making contact with the firing pin unless the trigger is pressed," he said. "We have not heard of any anecdotal stories of the new models being dropped and going off, and that's since 1973."

He also recommends gun owners secure their weapons in cars, perhaps in the glove box or console.

"You just don't want it, you know, like a jug of milk. You don't want it rolling around," said Aposhian.

Caron says it's important to always put safety first. "We kind of become complacent, and this is one of those tragedies that shows we should never become complacent," he said.

If you have an older single-action revolver, you can get it retrofitted with a safety bar. In fact, Ruger will do it on their revolvers for free, including shipping.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball

ACK!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent