Photos of Home

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Photos of Home

Post by awip2062 »

This was the cabin I lived in with my mom when we moved a mile away from the cabin we'd lived in with my godmother for about a decade:

This is the place now (with my uncle's place in the background, one of the few which survived):

The well's pump house survived, though!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm sorry t. That's a shame.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

ACK!!!!!!!!! *hugs*
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

What Cygbro and The Hairy One said...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am doing okay. Just so weird to think of all the homes gone (I lived in three cabins in the area) and I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooo badly for the people who were still living there and lost their homes and all their things. I also feel badly about the history that was lost with many of the cabins. One was a speakeasy during the prohibition days and later a hang out for movie stars, for example.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

*hugs t*
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
schuette

Post by schuette »

hey at least the pump house survivied!...it is shitty when things from the past arnt there anymore...Ive lived through that and so will you :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This is the second of the cabins that I grew up in that burnt. The first one burnt a few years back because the people who bought it didn't really think it was important to clean the stove pipe--until they woke up one night to a wall in flames.
So, yeah, I live and life goes on. Just a bummer I can't go visit them anymore.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I have not been around. t, what happened? I'm so sorry but it looks like you lost a family home! I'm just picking up a couple threads. If something devastating happened I'm so sorry and wish to help!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey Kares! Nice to see you, Girl! ((((((((Kares))))))))

What happened was a large part of the national forest I grew up in burned and one out of three of the cabins in the area I had lived in were destroyed. The area seemingly heaviest hit was the road I lived on for the longest time, both homes there I lived in were burnt, and of the 14 or 15 that had been there when I moved up here in '92, only two remain.

For me the only real tragedy is the loss of ability to go back and see the places again and show my kids homes I loved and some historical cabins. The loss is much greater for those who still lived there, especially those who had been there since the early 70s.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The owner of the property across the road directly to the west of us has decided to parcel out his land and sell it. He has loggers taking all salable lumber out and now I have a great deal more afternoon light than I did last year. The sunset view from my living room window is great!

Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey, I've seen those trees....................More than a few times. :)
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And I hope you Hairballs :rr: do again and that I get out to see your place, and the new goggie!
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

t.. Are you in the same place..

I swear, I am going to get out there one of these days.. I was thinking this summer now that I have the new Civic that gets great mileage, but my daughter wanted to go to Maine instead.. so we are going there this summer.
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Mrs. Elf and I hope to visit some day as well. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?