Happy Veterans Day

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Happy Veterans Day

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

To all you current and past veterans............... Thank you for your service to our country and for keeping us free.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Like these guys.

zepboy

Post by zepboy »

^^^^^^

I'm a vet, but can never be considered in the class with those men.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

^^^

Feels the same way I do about my service. Still a vet, but on the low end of the pole.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

me too... unless you count the fights in Olangapo City! :-D Thanks to all the Vets out there that gave us our freedoms!
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Good ol Olongapo..................... the memories. :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

and the trips to social call... :-D
Happy 2015!
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Walkinghairball wrote:^^^

Feels the same way I do about my service. Still a vet, but on the low end of the pole.
I was not aware that veterans are on a figurative totem pole.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

What we were saying is that we are vets but I do not feel like we hung it out there like some did. We were ready to do so but the call never came. I am a veteran of the Cold War but I am not sure you could have called that a war. My job in the Navy was somewhat dangerous but nobody ever shot at me. That is what HB meant about the Totem Pole.. methaphorically speaking that is. :-)
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

Yep.
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Soup4Rush wrote:What we were saying is that we are vets but I do not feel like we hung it out there like some did. We were ready to do so but the call never came. I am a veteran of the Cold War but I am not sure you could have called that a war. My job in the Navy was somewhat dangerous but nobody ever shot at me. That is what HB meant about the Totem Pole.. methaphorically speaking that is. :-)
Ah, I see. I figured it was just modesty.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

more like admiration for those who put their behinds on the line! :-) I am proud of my service but I never had to put it on the line. I was in the reserves during the Gulf War and I suppose had it lasted longer my unit would have went over in some kind of support role. But we were never called up.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

Same here. Yes it is UBER Modesty. Those who have seen combat, held their dying buddies, rescued someone....................all that makes them the heroes that get all my respect. Those veterans are what the day is really for. Us non combat vets still have a spot on the stage, but it's way in the back. We want the others to get their deserved limelight.

At least this is my perspective.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

^^^^^
What he said.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But you lot still deserve great respect because you knew that you might be called up one to endure such. And I am VERY grateful you were willing. Truthfully, I wish no one ever had to pay the high price the others you meant paid.