Middle Kingdom

Got canned Friday

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Yup, in what appears to be a witch hunt of sorts,
they chose to terminate me for "information systems abuse" -
emailing a lot (internally).

Mostly it was about file size, but also that
our misfit clique of 6 usually went back and forth about things,
ergo I was wasting my time and a lot of other employee's time as well.

I informed them that it takes me about 6 seconds to write a sentence,
and just Thursday I did the work of 3 employees (we're short one as my buddy got another job and the lazy ass chick who calls out 50 times a year was out sick) in 8.5 hours.
How much time could i possibly be wasting?

Well, they are now stuck with lazy ass and woman #2 can only function with cliff notes in front of her and do 1 job. The third woman who is as smart as a whip and works her tail off will inherit my stuff. I doubt she will stay much longer with no help from the other two, and my Barbie doll of a boss will be screwed.

Clearly her or her boss (who did the firing) did not know what i did there.
They will find out soon enough.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Ouch dude, sorry to hear that.

I was in the same situation back in '97. Happened again in '01. Hang in there. If your story turns out anything like mine, they did you a favor. There are so many opportunities out there for those who are willing to get off their butt and put out.

Oh, by the way, I thought my old place would fall in without me too. They didn't. A couple years later they sold out to their competitor. :)

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you get out there and pound the pavement.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

That's sucks, but they will be bitching when they realize their mistake. :twisted:
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Damn MK..............Sorry bro. Hope you find something quickly.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sorry it happened to you MK, but you seem very marketable. There may
be a silver lining here. Go get a better position where you'll be appreciated.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Thanks folks.
Had one interview, they have to do background checks and then
a second interview will follow.

I know the old place won't fall apart without me,
but it will be rough trying to get someone who
doesn't like to do her own 2 tasks to take on my old stuff,
and train 2 new people.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Praying for ya!

God bless.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Thanks.
Got a couple of interviews.
Hopeful to hear something soon.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Remember, my friend, it is considered bad etiquette to fart during an interview. Seriously!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

...or on the first day of the job, LOL LOL LOL phhbbbbt!!!! LOL

I know this is an old cliche but...where one door closes another one opens eh? No worries about the soon to be encountered stresses of your now short staffed previous employer. Best wishes in your hunt for new and interesting work.

A WEE Tale...

I have 25 years of work experience in several industries and have owned 2 small businesses of my own. Last summer I sent out over 300 emails for potential jobs after a layoff at my factory. NO DICE!!! Said by one who has been on unemployment and lucky to have it, twice since June 2009 due to the huge halt in Western Canada last year in manufacturing for oil and gas industry when I worked as a custom control panel builder for 16 months before layoff. I have since been employed as a junior estimator / receptionist / bookkeeper as a 3 month temp (all I could find) in the HVAC industry where I learned a lot about HVAC that I never knew before YAY! Left there and I have finally found new work that I really really like, manufacturing programmable logic control panels for controlling oil and gas process machinery. It's like building huge computers and I love it. Big steel boxes, lots of electrical components and tonnes of wires and cables connected everywhere. Truly interesting and challenging work. If this turns out to be temporary as well, I have another panel shop that interviewed me and I pestered the hell out of them and they have now contacted me twice about employment starting in about 4-6 weeks for a year long project.

After hittin' bottom then going all the way to the top again myself, I offer you a wee tale of hope, no regrets, looking forward now, go get that job!
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

What company Wendy? I also work in HVAC.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I once worked in a heated space . . . does that count?
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

HVAC was "Control Solutions Alberta Ltd." http://www.csal.ca/ they provide controls for a building's environmental system, not really the systems themselves. Now I'm with Simark Controls which is programmable logic control panels for the oil and gas industry. They have huge ABB VFD's and transformers and capacitors and terminal blocks and on and on and on....wires! Yay

How is the job hunt going MK?

Whatever happens try not to get down on yourself , best of luck and heartfelt wishes for the best luck for you for a new gig/job soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYb9OzzOiVw&feature=fvw

best if heard all the way to the end folks, stay awake, listen all the way...
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

My wife runs a HVAC contractor's office. I help fix electrical problems
they run into from time to time. We're warm already this year. They're
doing good business - and Summer hasn't even been touched yet.
Don't start none...won't be none.