Hairball is smoke free

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:We are still both doing well. Not a puff in 21 weeks for either of us. Good on anyone that can kick it. Smoking is a bastard to quit.
TESTIFY! The third time was the charm for me. It's been 14 months
here. Congrats to you and Marn for staying off 'em.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote: Congrats on giving up the stogies, Zed. Get well soon Bro.

I was taking care of Sigette all weekend. She's got the creeping crud too.
Thank you. Seems the creeping crud is hitting our office HARD right now.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

YYZ30 wrote:Well, guess who's joining the smokeless parade?

After having to visit urgent care this morning only to be told "You have early pneumonia" and given antibiotics and an inhaler....I am going to join this party now.
I shall be praying, dude. Pneumonia stinketh highly! BUT I am stoked you are quitting, too! :-D Congrats!
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

awip2062 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Well, guess who's joining the smokeless parade?

After having to visit urgent care this morning only to be told "You have early pneumonia" and given antibiotics and an inhaler....I am going to join this party now.
I shall be praying, dude. Pneumonia stinketh highly! BUT I am stoked you are quitting, too! :-D Congrats!
Day 1...and the fun begins. On the patch and it seems to be helping a little....
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

YYZ30 wrote:Day 1...and the fun begins. On the patch and it seems to be helping a little....

You can do this.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Day 1...and the fun begins. On the patch and it seems to be helping a little....

You can do this.
Now that the patch is on it's better but the ride in this morning was no fun. My hand kept reaching for the smokes that weren't there.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:

You can do this.
Now that the patch is on it's better but the ride in this morning was no fun. My hand kept reaching for the smokes that weren't there.

Understood.........Driving and smoking went hand in hand for me.........but not with kiddo in the car. Even drinking don't make me want to smoke as bad as driving. Whenever you get that urge just tell yourself to wait a minute. It helps.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
You can do this.

Understood.........Driving and smoking went hand in hand for me.........but not with kiddo in the car. Even drinking don't make me want to smoke as bad as driving. Whenever you get that urge just tell yourself to wait a minute. It helps.
Thank you for the tip.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Another thing that may help is to find somethig else to do when you woukd normally smoke. I've known people of faith to keep a little Gideon's Bible where they would keep their smokes amd read a chapter each time they would normally smoke, for instance. You can choose anything you want, it doesn't have to be scripture; just seems easier to break a bad habit if you replace it with something healthy or at least nuetral.
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

awip2062 wrote:Another thing that may help is to find somethig else to do when you woukd normally smoke. I've known people of faith to keep a little Gideon's Bible where they would keep their smokes amd read a chapter each time they would normally smoke, for instance. You can choose anything you want, it doesn't have to be scripture; just seems easier to break a bad habit if you replace it with something healthy or at least nuetral.
I found holding a pen like a smoke worked for today...
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I took up gum chewing. Been doing it for almost 20 years now. Freud would have something to say about it, but I gotta be doing something with my mouth. Few want to hear what I have to say, so gum it is! :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

TAKE VITAMIN B! Well, 50mg vitamin B complex actually. It helps curb the cravings
and detoxes you. Remember Vitamin B12 shots they give people in the
drunk tank? Same theory.

It really helped me on try #1, but I was dumb and thought I could have a
smoke here and there and jump right back on the wagon....WRONG.

Then I went cold turkey on try #2 - and did the same thing! I thought I
could have a smoke now and then, and....back to smoking again. Dummy.

Older and wiser, I kicked for good this time.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

40 days now :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh good job!
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

awip2062 wrote:Oh good job!
Thank you.