Hairball is smoke free

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Hairball is smoke free

Post by Walkinghairball »

That's right folks, after over 30 years of smoking I am 3 weeks without a cigarette.

I have been using a Smart Smoke for my nicotine delivery system. Marn quit and is using one also. I spend approx $360.00 a month for the 2 of us on smokes and the gas to get them, and I spent $311.00 on the Smart Smokes. So as of next Saturday, I will have made money by quiting.

Now I realize the S.S. is not totally quitting, but the big difference is the tar and carcinogens are eliminated, and harmless water vapor is released..........no 2nd hand shit for Scooter, or anyone else. I don't smell like an ashtray, and our vehicles are getting nicer too.

A real cig has 23 mg of nic in them......the nic liquid in these are 3 different levels..........18 mg, 14 mg, and 11 mg. There is also o nic for when the addiction is gone from the system, but the tactile function is still not eliminated.

I figure about $4,300 in a year is what we will save by doing this, along with hopefully sticking around a few more years.

Just wanted to share this with you all, it's a huge step in our lives...........something we should have never started, but that is obvious.

Hairball. :-)
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

As a former smoker myself, I wanna hand it to ya Hairy. It ain't easy.

I am proud of both you and Marn. You are rockin cool people, and I am glad you are doing this. It will be nice having you both around a little longer!

Rock on!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

I've been over 5 months w/o mary jane.... but still smokin cigs like I'm goin to the chair....

AND CIGS ARE $11.50 A FRIGGIN PACK HERE!!!!!!! YIKES
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Wow that's quite a bit of money for those things. I haven't smoked herbs habitually in 2 years or more and haven't smoked any herbs at all in about a year...haven't tripped in probably 3. I probably will never do it any of it again, I have lost my manic love of smoking weed...if I want to get high and trip I can just quit taking my meds :twisted: Those things only enhanced my natural high anyway. :shock:
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

We are still going strong. 1 month and 1 day!!! :D
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Awesome dude!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Leon, I am so proud of you and Marn!!! As a smoker, ex smoker, smoker ex smoker... on and on..(I actually quit for 10 years and picked them back up) I know how hard it is to quit.. even with the method you are using it is still hard.. to go a month plus is an accomplishment you both should be proud of. Also, I know this is not the adult forum but you may notice your sex life getting better since you quit.. :wink: keep up the good work and I hope you both can keep it up so you can live a long, healthy life together! :-)
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Good deal HB and Marn! You should be money (and have MORE MONEY) by now! \m/

I kicked cigs cold turkey and it'll be a year at the end of August.

A big help to me was taking 200mg Vitamin B Complex.

It's got B12 in it (the same stuff that they give people in the pokey to
detox) and other B vitamins. It helps you rid your body of the nicotine
poison.

I lost my "trigger time" cravings in ten days. I quit the B vitamins after a
month and I've been on target ever since.

Keep up the good work you two! YOU-CAN-DO-EEET! :)

BTW - I'm proud of you too Xan! (((((Xannydoo)))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Good things happening with the people around here! Way to go!!!!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Thanks all!!! :-D
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

There are times I'd like to quit.... to save my lungs and my bank account.... just haven't found a way yet.....
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

BTW..... Way to go Hairy...... and Marn too..... wish I had the willpower
Walkinghairball

3 travelers wrote:BTW..... Way to go Hairy...... and Marn too..... wish I had the willpower

You can get exactly what we have at this link.

www.asmartsmoke.com

It is worth every penny.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I dont know anything about smartcigs...but if its anything like here the things that get you to stop smoking you have to pay shitloads in one go...like I buy cigs at ?2.50 for 10...so although its a lot I can afford that in a day...but the things that want you stop you have to pay by the month and it costs about ?30 for a month....now I now if you work out the day to month ratio im saving shitloads...problem is I cant afford ?30 quid in one go...

but wooohooo to you and marn...proud of you :-D
Walkinghairball

When you want to, and your willpower is there kiddo...............the 50 pound/quid or what the hell ever that amount is................wont matter. That is what helped me think it though.

Best part is.............I made 50 dollars this month not smoking, and next month...........I'm buying a new television. :D