R.I.P Andrew MacNaughtan

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

R.I.P Andrew MacNaughtan

Post by Walkinghairball »

I just saw this on Facebook a few minutes ago........
RUSH
We're deeply shocked and heartbroken to learn of the sudden passing of our close friend and long-time photographer, Andrew MacNaughtan. He was a sweet person and a very talented artist. Words cannot describe how much he will be missed. – Geddy, Alex & Neil
Today is a day of suck.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

RIP Andrew..

They should start a tour in his honor... today! :-)
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

RIP Andrew and thank you for your years of dedicated service to the
greatest band on planet Earth.

I'll be waiting for compilations of your work with the boyz.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

This is so sad. Again, I haven't been so much "on line" as I wished I would have but I have my own loss too.

I knew Andrew personally for several years. I first emailed him as a fan all "scared" I might miss one of his limited prints up for sale. I mentioned where I worked. He was kind and replied and I got my print. No biggie.

A few months later he contacted me out of the blue. He was trying to get a green card and work permanently in the States. When I finally got it through my head this guy was actually asking ME for help I freaked but kept it quiet. He said Neil asked him to contact me. NEIL??

He called me and we chatted and he went into fun stuff about how he was so happy he was "cupid" to Neil's marriage to Carrie. OMG but I was just "there" and all. I had to deal with his immigration lawyer and did what I could but in the end he didn't get the green card. He still remembered what I "tried" to do for him and therefore the "personalized" print by Neil and the Meet and Greets. Truly a wonderful man.

We kept in "light" touch in later years but I didn't want to "bug" him, you know? As a fan. Tried to be cool.

My last email to him was to give him more free passes I could provide and again how sorry I was things didn't work out. He said it turned out fine and he was happy in Toronto and in a relationship he loved for over 11 years and he was going to Africa to do a book on the animals there for a cause he believed in.

I told him that was so cool and that photographing animals and people in natural setting was something I looked forward to. He fulfilled that.

I can look for an email...maybe I will...but I'm not so studious as I'd like to be.

RIP, Andrew. Thank you for all you've done for people and it will NEVER be forgotten

Kares

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Oh, here I found one from work. It is only from 2008 but I wanted to share.

This is NOT about me at all but I just wanted to show even in email what a pleasant person he was. NO bones about it.

Hi Karen,

Just wanted to thank you for the passes to the ****. That's very kind of you. I hope one day soon I will in fact make it to NY to make use of them. Who knows ... maybe a shoot will come up.

Anyway, thanks again!

Best
Andrew-

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

:-D
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

That's great, Kares.
He will be missed.