What'z yur dae gig, & who is a musician here?

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

I have no job. well, paper route, but that don't count really. hehehe...

I'm hoping to make my cash as a musician... that's my dream. how am I to do it, you ask? with my saxophone. I play alto, tenor, and C-melody saxophones, as well as clarinet, and I'm working on the guitar at the moment.

and that's all I got.

and the Men who hold high places... I dunno. Bush? (shudder).
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:I have had so many people tell me I wam wasting my life doing what I do. I have been told I am wasting my mind and I should leave my kids to others and work. It is so nice to hear someone encourage me in it.
Humans are a very unique animal. Other animals have their children walking within hours, and within a year the babies are off being independant. But with humans, we have this huge task in raising children and teaching them skills. We keep them around for at least 18 years before we let them go off and take a stab at independance. Not only must we teach them how to survive by learning to eat and communicate and prepare food,etc... not only must we teach them how to earn a living so that they do not remain dependant upon us until we die... but we have to teach them all this stuff about right and wrong and good and evil. When we fail to to do this societies crumble. It has happened time and time again throughout history.

Dawn, there is no greater calling in this life than that of raising honest, moral, and productive children. When I hear about how seriously you take this calling, and when I see the evidences of what remarkable children you have, it really saddens me how few people like you there are out there. You are doing an amazing work, and you are to be commended and honored.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Exactamundo Elfie, you nailed it. AWIP 2062, you just rock, plain and simple.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Wow. More encouragement. Careful guys, I might ged used to it and keep at my "job."

And thanks again. Really.
Onward and Upward!
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Wait, I thought you and the kids were rehearsing every day to become the rocking version of the Partridge Family! I was so geared up to be the next Reuben Kincade :? (Myghin gets to be Danny Bonadouchebag) :lol:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Zivo wrote: I was so geared up to be the next Reuben Kincade :?
You were just waiting to force that tambourine into the youngest one's hands... weren't you?
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

We'll have to see who's good at what. In this version, the tambourine will be replaced by a goo-spraying power-gun to soak the crowd. Hey, they are looking for a keyboardist who doesn't mind catching fire from time-to-time...interested? :wink:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I think I'll leave the catching on fire to Michael Jackson and the drummer for Spinal Tap...
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

That's what I was trying to say Elf, but I'm no parent, thanks for putting it down. I meant that you have one of the most important jobs, T, and that it's more than just work!

FORMER drummer for Tap ;)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The youngest one DOES play keyboards. :shock: She has her first recital 20 May, but she will not be setting herself on fire.

The goo-spraying power-gun to soak the crowd sounds more like an Eagle sort of thing. Or H! Actaully, they would be the ones to set themselves on fire. Or rather, Bear would set them on fire, but they would want to be the ones flaming.
Onward and Upward!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

*Lifesonite's sucking up real good. Maybe HE should be the flamer? :lol:

Jus' kidd'n buddy!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ya know, I have been thinking. *ite, you don't look like a smear.
Onward and Upward!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Ok, but not what I meant :wink:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I know what you meant, dear Bro, but I was going on the Tap image he brought up.
Onward and Upward!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Your loss Sis! Maybe your radar is working too well?