Draft Legislation

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh man! Elfie, I have not heard that history lesson outside of a homeschool class or book ever. Sad to say, I didn't even hear it in the Christian school I attended for 9 years as a kid (one would think the 2nd largest Xn school in the nation would teach Providential History, but nooooooooooo).
wcp wrote:"i'm sure the german people whos economy was destroyed after WWI were grateful for fascism" which they were, Nazism being a branch off of Fascism.
Okay SOME of the people were grateful, I will give you that. But, I am close to a German family here that was formed by two individuals who came to the US because of fascism.

Then there is the story of the Von Trapp family. The REAL story, not the one we all know from the musical. I know they were Austrian, but fascism was not loved by them either.

Dietrich Bonhoffer was another German who loved his country but hated fascism.

In fact, many people did not love fascism. There was a facet of the population that did, but many of those later decided it wasn't worth it.
Onward and Upward!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

ElfDude wrote:Image
I'll bet Africans and American Indians (and Indigenous Peoples throughout the world for that matter) would have something to say about the conduct of "democratic" countries too...

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Doesn't matter what system is in place if the people running it are intent on conquering.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

And further more leave the fourth world forest dwellers alone

DAM IT!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Get back in the garage you hippy! *Pokes at you with a broom handle*
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: I'll bet Africans and American Indians (and Indigenous Peoples throughout the world for that matter) would have something to say about the conduct of "democratic" countries too...
Oh, I could tell you stories from my family that would most certainly show this statement to be true.

But, I think that the premise behind a democracy is more realitic to the nature of mankind and more good has come (by far!) from democracies than from communistic regimes.

Let's face it, communisim is a form of slavery.
Onward and Upward!
EndlesslyRocking

awip2062 wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote: I'll bet Africans and American Indians (and Indigenous Peoples throughout the world for that matter) would have something to say about the conduct of "democratic" countries too...
Oh, I could tell you stories from my family that would most certainly show this statement to be true.

But, I think that the premise behind a democracy is more realitic to the nature of mankind and more good has come (by far!) from democracies than from communistic regimes.

Let's face it, communisim is a form of slavery.
I'm no big fan of communism, believe me. And I do think democracy is the better system. Still, many many people have paid a terrible price for it, with their blood, the culture, their language, their children....
Mr. Potatoe Head

*Lifesonite wrote:Get back in the garage you hippy! *Pokes at you with a broom handle*
My hippy days have wane. I'm now a Bohemian!
No ones will should have ultimate power.
Last edited by Mr. Potatoe Head on Wed May 26, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

In that case a broom handle is too rich for the likes of you. *Shoves you in the garage with his hands*
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Mr. Potatoe Head

That means your less than a broom handle, eh?
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

No, what that means is YOU ARE a BROKE GYPSY! :shock:

:evil:
-- IFALT
Mr. Potatoe Head

Ok, I shall teach what I know for broom stick handlers.

Your true Bohemian is a philosopher, and in spite of his unconventionality he is at least as apt to be respectable as a leader in conventional society.

Peace Brother
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: Doesn't matter what system is in place if the people running it are intent on conquering.
Oh, I dunno 'bout that. I don't think the Mexican government (for example) is intent on conquering. But I've got it much better here than I would there.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
EndlesslyRocking

ElfDude wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote: Doesn't matter what system is in place if the people running it are intent on conquering.
Oh, I dunno 'bout that. I don't think the Mexican government (for example) is intent on conquering. But I've got it much better here than I would there.
That's not my point. My point is that any system can be exploited for evil given the right person and circumstances.
wcp

Post by wcp »

you have all made valid points and belive me i am not a communist lol i'm just trying to show that every institution has its ups and downs none deserves to be dimissed.

also i have always viewd the community of the First Nations people to be almost communistic, (i know nothing about the First Nations, well not enough to make this a fact so this is just an opinion) but yes there is a hieracrhy but no one works for money or personal wealth it is more the wealth of a tribe or village, or so i have read, which can almost be similar to communism. and ye si know of trading and such but communism is not aginst trading for goods.
and just to clarify i am talking about First Nations communities before the Europeans arrived.

haha i know like i said that is just my opnion i know not enough facts yet :)

but anyway it has made for good conversations :)
i agree Democracy will always be the best institution in my book but it
doesn't mena another like communism shoudl be surpressed. actually a democracy can become more totalitarian then any communist or fascist state, why? because as a fascist leader has full control over life and death, if the peopel do not agree the leader will be killed or overthrown eventually yet if in a democracy the people wield absolutle power as a group no one can overthrow or destroy them all. for example if Hitler in a fascist state decided to commit the holocaust, he did but was stopped because he was only one man, and lost the support of his people yet if a whole nation like the united states in a democracy decided in unison to commit the holocaust who could stop it? short form another nation or several others. there is no limit to power in a democratic state the majority has full power if the majority of peopel decide anyone wearing blue pants will be killed. then if you're wearing blue pants you are dead but if one man decided that anyone wearing blue pants will be killed others can oppose this. and i know you are thinking, well if the people who wear blue pants band together they can destroy those opposeing blue pants and therefore end the total power of the democracy, not true for when that is done the democracy has merly switched hands yet still posses ful power now all that used to kill people with blue pants will be killed...it is an endless cycle of power.

but once agian just my ramblings. that was merly a summery of oene of my 2 hour lectures. what do you think? good bad ugly? it has some valid points but teher is plenty of room for disagreence, lets hear it.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson