The Death Penalty

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

The plan was that the woman was to kill herself and they planned it so it would look like Gale killed her. Then Gale would be apprehended and put to death. Then the Cowboy would anonymously deliver the tape to the authorities and therefore 'prove the system wrong'. It went something like that.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

so Gale planned to be executed? or exenorated just prior to the execution. I don't think he wanted to be executed and that is why he brought Bitsy in to "save him" because Cowboy was not going to. or I may be wrong and Gale wanted to die. I need to watch this movie again also where did the post card to Bitsy from San Francisco and the stuffed animal at the end fit in?
Happy 2015!
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

No, I'm sure he planned to die. Two martyrs for the cause :shock:
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Yeah I guess you are right. He did not have much to live for what with the woman who blamed him for rape and his wife left him and took thier kid. not to mention his drinking problem. He should have killed the student who accused him of rape if he was going to be be executed anyway.
Happy 2015!
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

I can't remember exactly, but that might have been part of the scheme too, so he had a history of rape. In the beginning of the movie she seemed just a bit friendly with him... :wink: And then they find his semen in his accomplice, y'know? I'd have to watch it again too.
-- IFALT
schuette

Post by schuette »

he told bitsey at one point that he wanted the truth to come out for the sake of his child.....
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

SouperMan wrote:taped and talked dirty to
:shock: Really?
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Revenge can be a hurtful thing, as hurtful as being a victim.

A good punishment would be just to lock them up in a six by three cell. No food, no water, naked in total darkness. Walk away and come back in a year to scrape there miserable body off the floor.

Of course you got to be absolutely sure of their crime.

DNA scares me of conspiracy theories, a good tool but shouldn't be sourly relied upon.

At any rate the punishment should fit the crime. Kill and in the cell you go. For infractions against youth i.e.... molesting to satisfy a perverted sexual desire, life in prison working on a chain gang, forever wearing a scarlet letter.
Ayy, Pyote head!
Being a bit harsh dwelling into ones mind like that! It's pretty horific if you think about it and cheap. Fitting though in a strange sort of way, like letting them burning in thier own minds. Pump in some sounds of discontent every once in awhile, if you really want to be sadistic why don't you just give them sardines once in awhile till you hear the echos of thier screams in your head.

You got it wrong Potatoe Head!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Me wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Revenge can be a hurtful thing, as hurtful as being a victim.

A good punishment would be just to lock them up in a six by three cell. No food, no water, naked in total darkness. Walk away and come back in a year to scrape there miserable body off the floor.

Of course you got to be absolutely sure of their crime.

DNA scares me of conspiracy theories, a good tool but shouldn't be sourly relied upon.

At any rate the punishment should fit the crime. Kill and in the cell you go. For infractions against youth i.e.... molesting to satisfy a perverted sexual desire, life in prison working on a chain gang, forever wearing a scarlet letter.
Ayy, Pyote head!
Being a bit harsh dwelling into ones mind like that! It's pretty horific if you think about it and cheap. Fitting though in a strange sort of way, like letting them burning in thier own minds. Pump in some sounds of discontent every once in awhile, if you really want to be sadistic why don't you just give them sardines once in awhile till you hear the echos of thier screams in your head.

You got it wrong Potatoe Head!
you worry me at times Me :shock: