Something that happened to me!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Something that happened to me!

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Here is a story of what happened to me this weekend, i want the whole world to know so send it to as many people as you can. I will be writing several people about this, including a news paper, & the owner.

1-12 DRIVE IN INCIDENT
MAY 29th 2004, Fayettville AR

My family & I decided to go to the drive in while we were in AR visiting my mom & brother. We had used my brother?s truck in order to do it, because we did not have all our seats in our van.
Well the movie was starting; my husband had been trying to figure out the best way to hear the sound while sitting in the back. He turned & looked at me & said, ?I just locked the keys inside!? My jaw dropped, I was like ?oh my gosh,? Luckily I had just gotten my purse out before he did it.
I got my little address book, & my ?PRE-PAID? calling card out, went to the snack bar to see if there was a pay phone somewhere. Got to the counter, they said, ?there is not one?, so I said ?well we just locked our keys in my brothers truck & I need to call him.?
The young woman went to a young guy & asked, then he went to an elderly lady with white hair & asked. A few moments later the guy came back with a phone & handed it to me, I said ?thank you.?
So I dial the 1800 number, then dial in my card number, then my brother?s cell phone number. No answer, instead of leaving a voice mail, I just decide to call my sister in law instead. I dial the 1800 number again; Elderly lady comes over & asks, ?is that local?? I say ?its free, it?s a calling card.? So I dial in the card number, then start on the actual phone number. She comes back & bothers me again about if it is local or not, then says ? you need to get off now, your tying up the line, this is a business line.? She just keeps on & on about it, meanwhile I have forgotten where I was at in dialing the number, operator says ?sorry that is the wrong number.?
I look up at the lady while putting the phone down on the counter, & say ?Thanks a lot, you made me mess up now, & I couldn?t get through.? ?I am never coming here again.? She then says, ?that?s ok we don?t need your kind here!? My jaw dropped, I looked at her again & said ?KIND? What kind am I? The kind that accidentally leaves their keys in the car??
She starts saying things to me as I am walking out, I forgot exactly the things she said then, but it was not pleasant, which prompted me to call her a bitch. I was very upset at this woman, I was shaking, & beyond tears at this point. She told me to watch my language, as I was opening the door to leave, I looked back & said ?give me a mirror & maybe I will.? Was the only thing I could think of to say.
I am still trying to figure out ?what kind? I am, I am shaking now just writing this, also sick to my stomach. This woman was very rude, & her actions were very wrong for anyone in any kind of public relation?s job.
I went back to the truck, told my husband all that happened, he got my card & book & went. They would not let him use the phone, nor wanted to hear him. A guy in line had heard the conversation, & he told my husband he could come back to his car & use his phone to call. This man is an example of what humanity should be towards each other.
To shorten this a little, the cops ended up coming to unlock the truck. I was crying off & on through the night, I am not a mean person, it takes a lot for me to call someone any kind of name like that, in my opinion, if someone is going to insult you like that, especially in public, you have a right to defend yourself.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

KIddo, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them. If you can get me an address for the old lady, I can call Rocco and Clubbo, and fuggetaboutit. :D
This space for rent
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

LMAO Nah, its like the saying goes. "The pen (now days the computer/printer) is mightier than the sword!" :wink:
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I hope this doesn't offend anyone here, but after a visit to the same place about ten years ago I knew I never wanted to go back. I've never encountered such people as I encountered in Arkansas. For some reason, that story doesn't surprise me at all.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

We have crotchety old women all over the country. Old men too, but that's not the point. My Mom got banned from the bakery because she was complaining about an order that was poorly done. I guess the owner was the one working at the time and took offense, the ending was "We don't need business from the likes of you". Here's the surprise part, it was also an old woman ;)
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Awww, Lisabug, I'm so sorry to hear that. I've never been to AK but my brother has. I think it was a case of "small people in a small job" who tend to squeeze any possible power they can out of it for control and to feel important. I understand how angry you are but if possible I wouldn't take it personally... "Your kind" (whatever the f that means) is just great.

I've "known" you on and off for over a year and a half and believe ME it would take alot for you to call anyone a bitch.

I hope you are OK.

BTW, what was the movie? (As if you care by now :oops: ) I haven't been to a drive-in since I was a kid and we all went in our jammies and huddled in the back seat.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Some people are just plain depressing causing stress without even realizing it and some are just plain jerks. I think your a good person Lisabug. Don't worry or dwell on the assholes, it's not worth it.
schuette

Post by schuette »

there's bitches and bastards all over the world........dont let it get to you........what goes around comes around........