Bizarre Canadians

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Bizarre Canadians

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Found this earlier - the mind boggles.

Voters urged not to eat their ballots
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Canadians have gone to the polls in a federal election with a firm warning from election officials: Please do not eat your ballots.

"Eating a ballot, not returning it or otherwise destroying or defacing it constitutes a serious breach of the Canada Elections Act," Elections Canada warns on its Internet site.

The issue was of sufficient concern to warrant inclusion in the site's "Frequency asked Questions" section, above answers to such inquiries as "Why should I vote?" and "Am I registered?"

Three Alberta men were charged with eating their paper ballots during Canada's last federal election, in 2000. The members of the Edible Ballot Society were protesting against what they said was a lack of real choice among candidates.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

thats what makes canada great, us loonies!
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

What happened to the Rhino Party?
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Sir Myghin wrote:thats what makes canada great, us loonies!
*Stalking Sir Mydweeb*
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

about 50% of canadians didn't vote hehe apolitics at its finest
wcp

Post by wcp »

ahhahahaha i am glad with the outcome. i saw a great thing yesterday during the election a canadian comic said if i find the quote i will put it up here .
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Me

Post by Me »

I hope it was rice paper :razz:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.