Greg Proops
No votes
Other
8%

Total votes: 12

happysmilies007

Fave Whose Line Is It, Anyway? Improv-er

Post by happysmilies007 »

if you've watched Whose Line even just once, there MUST be a character that stands out in your mind, and no matter who that is, i'd like you to post it!! i'm only gonna list the regularly seen improv-ers from the American WL, but i'll include an 'other' category for those of you who might've enjoyed the British version better, or maybe your fave has only been on once or twice. i think everyone can guess my favorite by my avvie and my siggie. 8)

anyway, let the voting begin!! *gunshot* and they're off!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

*Sings a funny ho-down*
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

The only one I've heard of is Greg Proops who was desperately unfunny as the quizmaster in a desperately unfunny SF/Comedy quiz show called Space Cadets. Even Craig Charles wasn't funny.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

slaine, i DESPISE the man. he's not funny on Whose Line either. he mostly does dirty stuff and does it outright, whereas if the other guys do it (hey, at least they look good :roll: ) they usually do it in a ''if you know what i mean' kind of direction. but i figured if somebody liked him, then he should be an option. let's sit back and see if he gets any votes. :razz:

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
happysmilies007

keep that hoedown rolling for us, L*nite.

kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

WAYNE BRADY!!!!!! :P

The best one though was the one with Robin Williams as a guest.
Kazz
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Oh, this is a toughie!
I voted for Ryan, but I really like them all. I think Ryan and Colin are both hilarious, especially when working together. They really play off each other well.
Wayne is awesome at making up songs, and Brad is just plain cute!

I love this show! I used to watch it years ago when it was filmed in England and hosted by Clive Anderson.
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

OOOOOUUUGGGHHH!!!! Toughie!!!

My fave was back with Clive Anderson in England. It was fresh and they didn't do a friggin' hoedown every night.

I LOVE RYAN Stiles too! I'm gonna vote for Colin. His sweet expressions slay me. They're ALL so talented, though.

Faves on the British version, Tony Slattery, Josie (whazeywhooz), Um, the guy who looks like Sean Connery doing his "other job." I can go on and on and on. I love the Asian girl, Karen. She is a friggin HOOT!!!

I'm glad the old ones live on in re-runs because (IMHO) the American version ONLY RECENTLY has gone a bit flat.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
happysmilies007

Immortal, you're absolutely right!! they are truly a pair when put together. i love the infomercials they do!!

Kares..i've gotta agree with you on the Ryan thing..he is HILARIOUS!! :smt055 but if you want him, you're gonna hafta get through me!! *cowers behind desk chair* of course, that might not be too hard!!

Colin is my cousin's absolute favorite, and he is also tied for second with Wayne on my roster. Colin takes all the comments thrown at him in stride, and he doesn't take them seriously. my other cousin loves Wayne, who is VERY talented at spur-of-the-moment type things, and is the best at doing songs.

i think Drew's hilarious as long as he's behind the desk. he's good at making sarcastic comments, but not a very talented improv-er!!

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

kazzman wrote:WAYNE BRADY!!!!!! :P

The best one though was the one with Robin Williams as a guest.
Agreed!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Contentment

Post by Contentment »

Kares4Rush wrote:OOOOOUUUGGGHHH!!!! Toughie!!!

My fave was back with Clive Anderson in England. It was fresh and they didn't do a friggin' hoedown every night.

I LOVE RYAN Stiles too! I'm gonna vote for Colin. His sweet expressions slay me. They're ALL so talented, though.

Faves on the British version, Tony Slattery, Josie (whazeywhooz), Um, the guy who looks like Sean Connery doing his "other job." I can go on and on and on. I love the Asian girl, Karen. She is a friggin HOOT!!!

I'm glad the old ones live on in re-runs because (IMHO) the American version ONLY RECENTLY has gone a bit flat.
I prefer the brittish version myself. Tony Slattery is great too, but of all of them, Colin is my favorite...tied with Ryan Stiles.
...because I can...
wcp

Post by wcp »

COLIN!!!! he rules! i actually got to seee most of them preform an improve gig at a theater near my home about a month ago! Ryan Stiles wasn't there or Wayne Brady but Colin was! it was halarious!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
happysmilies007

and why wasn't i invited, wcp??

just pickin, man. Colin IS a crack-up (but RYAN should be first :heart: ), and i love all the guys even though Whose Line isn't filming anymore. *sighs*

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Happysmilies, for your Ryan fix... :-D Comedy Central still does the re-runs of the British version and the Family Channel (????) has re-runs of the Drew version.

And I agree. Drew is so funny behind the desk but just doesn't "have it" for the improv part. It is a very unique talent and most comedians (although hilarious) don't posses it (I'm no expert...I just go by what I've heard them say in the past).

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
happysmilies007

wow, when does it come on on Comedy Central? i've never really seen the British version, but would like to!! i know the American version's on the ABC family channel, i know that for a fact cause i watch it every night!! it comes on at 10pm and on thursdays comes on at 8pm also, which i'm definitely lookin forward to tonight!! i'll see if i can check the satellite and see when the British version comes on!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH KARES!!