RIP Richard Biggs

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

RIP Richard Biggs

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I know its late but I'm sure any Babylon 5 fans will join me in expressing sorrow at the death of Richard Biggs, who played Dr Stephen Franklin, in May.

Its a shame that such a talented actor should die at such a young age (34). He'll be sadly missed by SF fans everywhere. :(
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

my family used to watch B5, it was never my absolute favorite show but it was a very good one. i hadn't heard that he died, and it's very sad he did, especially in the prime of life. i'd like to know, how did he die?

Rest in Peace, Mr. Biggs.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

My brother used to watch that show a lot, but I can't remember who the doctor was. It's always sad when someone dies.

*Spins Disney's The Lion King's "Circle of Life"*
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

My parents are huge B5 fans. I've bought them series 1 thru 5 on DVD for b-days/father's days/etc... Too bad about the doc. He will be missed.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

According to a magazine called SFX, the cause of death is not 100% certain but the most likely cause is a stroke.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Good grief, this is a surprise. Far far far too young.

Was a big B5 fan, myself. :(
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i hope his family is taking his death alright.. i'll pray for them.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Slaine mac Roth

I have just discovered what an exceptional man Richard Biggs. Since the age of 13, he was totally deaf in one ear and partially deaf in the other. Therfore, all the money he made from selling autographs at Science-Fiction conventions went to support a school for the hearing impaired. What a man.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

That was very generous of him! They must have had some interesting bloopers, too.