Help....

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

Help....

Post by 3 travelers »

Can someone help me as far as getting an avatar. I have a pic I wanna use and everytime I try to download it.... it doesn't go. Maybe I gotta change the pixels on it....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

The max size is set for 100x100.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

The picture you want to use can be no larger than 100 pixels x 100 pixels and 49 kb. Therefore, you need some sort of photo-manipulation software to alter it if its too big. If you haven't got anything like that, e-mail the picture to me and I'll be happy to make the necessary adjustments and mail it back.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:The picture you want to use can be no larger than 100 pixels x 100 pixels and 49 kb. Therefore, you need some sort of photo-manipulation software to alter it if its too big. If you haven't got anything like that, e-mail the picture to me and I'll be happy to make the necessary adjustments and mail it back.
I just sent it to ya.... hope it finds ya
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i have a program called IrfanView. search for it on google.com and download it, it's free and is an AWESOME pic viewer, as well as what i crop & resize my photos in. i had to re-do my RYAN avvy cause the pixels were messed up, but that was cause of a setting i had to end up changing. and if i can figure it out, i'm sure you can too!!

just open the piccy up with IV, select the part of the pic you wanna keep (as long as the length=the width) and go into edit: crop selection, then go to image: resize/resample and type in "100" and it'll fill in the other box. then, on the same screen, change the DPI to 100 and then go over to Size Method and change the resample filter to the Lanczos filter, which actually isn't that much slower anyway and i don't think it's that much different, but it's a good idea to do it anyway.

anyway, you can fool around with it and do what you like, it's just a suggestion!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Holy crap.... I got my avatar to work!!!! That's me BTW. A little fuzzy.... but I guess y'all get the idea :lol:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Kewl Beans, 3T! Yer lookin' real neil there! What kind of kit is it? I can't see it clearly. Way back a looong time ago I had a set of Slingerlands.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:Kewl Beans, 3T! Yer lookin' real neil there! What kind of kit is it? I can't see it clearly. Way back a looong time ago I had a set of Slingerlands.
That is a real old Ludwig kit. I have it stored right now. I've been using my Pearls for everything recently.... Thanks Kares