Deviate from the norm...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Deviate from the norm...

Post by Ogg »

Midnight, 'Vital Signs' playing and reality beckons. My two week holiday is at an end (I have to be at work in five hours!) as is my world of late night pc sessions editing demos and creating ep covers, jamming in the daytime, imbibing vast amounts of resin, caffeine and by-tor.com.
I seem to have spent a fair bit of time here, posting like a demon and hassling people to listen to my latest demo's (for those who have promised please return the pm's). I hope I've offended very few (and entertained probably fewer) and look forward to the norm of sparodic posting.
It's an emotionally draining time preparing one's self for the return to work. I returned to suckle at the Rush teat for the evening, Mp's, Signals, ESL and Mp's (again).
Would you, each and everyone of you, play 'Vital Signs' for a weary Ogg.
An apt song...

A tired mind become a shape-shifter,
Everybody need a mood lifter,
Everybody need reverse polarity.
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form.
Everybody got to deviate from the norm.

A tired mind become a shape-shifter,
Everybody need a soft filter,
Everybody need reverse polarity.
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form.
Everybody got to elevate from the norm...

Goodnight All.

http://www.purescience.com/matt/ogg/
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, I'll play it for you Ogg (ang ged back to you on the song, eh?), but I would much rather just deviate my septum.
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

And I thought you were going to post your autobiography here 8)
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Hey, Vital Signs is a good song! Deviating your septum is not nearly as good as listening to it :P

I'll see you around Ogg. While you have not offended me, you will be quite pleased to know that you have also failed to entertain me.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i am listening to VS at this very moment! my dad loves this song too, i personally love EVERY SINGLE song on MP. just a well put-together album! the first time i listened to Witch Hunt was at night when all the lights were out & everybody was in bed..the cat heard the bells in the beginning & jumped off the bed! my brother came in & asked me what the heck i was listening to! yes, it was purty creepy that first time! now i love the song & think of the scene in Young Frankenstein where the mob's heading up to the castle every time i hear it! The Camera Eye is one of my absolute faves, it's just so..perfect! i love it when the bass, guitar, & synthesizers are all playing the same thing, except on different octaves!! it's one of the coolest sounds in the world!

ok, now that i've discussed WAAAAAY beyond the intended topic, i'm outta here!

and i'm very sorry you must return to work, ogg!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!