VACATION (Had to Get Away)

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: PS: "Park My Car"...is that some kind of code?

:twisted:
Shhhhh!!!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Aerosmitten wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote: PS: "Park My Car"...is that some kind of code?

:twisted:
Shhhhh!!!

Oh, keep it quiet??? :o
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Well, here's a brief recap of the Rocking Family in Seattle.

We went to the Science Fiction Museum/Hall of Fame, which was very fun. Lots of great stuff there (Kirk's command chair, Darth Vader's Helmet, props and robots from all kinds of movies). We of course went up the Space Needle. Very tourist-y, but you gotta do it. They have a restaurant that revolves at the top of the structure. They serve a New York Strip Steak for $46.50. We did not eat there....

We went to Paul Allen's Music Experience. It was an odd mix of displays. Part Hard Rock Cafe, part Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, part Seattle Tourist Bureau Headquarters. There was half a floor about Nirvana/Grunge, etc. But no RUSH at all. Hardly anything on display past 1970, outside of the grunge section. The electronic interactive tour guide system didn't work very well. Overall, a bit of a disappointment.

We went to the Seattle Art Museum and saw a Van Gogh exhibit, which was quite nice. It's a nice museum, but very little (at least by L.A. standards).

Every joke you've ever heard about Seattle and Starbucks is true. They are everywhere, including across the street from each other (anyone remember that scene from the movie Best in Show?). There's also Seattle's Best which is owned by...Starbucks. We've never drank so much coffee in our lives.

We enjoyed some local restaurants (sushi at the Wasabi Bistro, etc.) and walked through Pikes Market watching men of questionable hygiene throw fish at people.

And of course, we attended my best friends wedding, which was a lovely time, except for the fact that no one in Seattle has air conditioning, and it was 87 degrees out. Not terribly hot, but with no air and three layers of black wool tuxedo on, it got a bit dicey. Thank heaven for the Rock Bottom Brewery, where we drank more beer than people should be allowed to drink.

Overall, ER gives a big thumbs up to Seattle!
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So you were in Seattle and didn't make the short trip over here to see us?

:cry:

And it isn't just Seattle that is like that with coffee. Try coming here. Same way. You can't go anywhere without coffee stands. They often are situated on opposite sides of the roads, so it is convenient for drivers on each side of the highway.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

... a bit of both, the road not always smooth. And thank you again for letting me clean some of lifes dust off my shoes.

I Just have to get away

Waking to a cool fall breeze the distant roar of people hurring to get nowhere fast.

Rose and I gathered up our belongings, sharing an apple we headed towards the wheels of our destinity.

Out on the highway of our dreams our friend, Mr. state Trooper with careful eyes writes a warning. No rightful passage hitch hiking a ride off lifes preconcieved paths.

OFF TO THE RAMP WE GO!

Three hours pass, a little bittie of a giant old woman pulls over and asks: Can you drive? I was most happy to oblige. Invited for a boilded dinner ,we except. Taking Ms O' Hagrity wife to old man Flangan deceased to the jointed walls of crowded neighborhoods. The boiled dinner changed to corn beef sandwiches, beans, rolling rock and big mouth beers at the Lucky Clover Leaf Pub.
After feeling the punch of Irish Creams, a question asked again from times past: Can you drive? SURE on the left side of a fourway throughfare
with Roses petals falling. I stopped diagonaly parked in a parrallel universe.

Mrs O' Hagrity drove us to the silent screams of crowded subdivisions. Twisting knobs of silent spaces and Acapulco Gold. Rose and the little old lady from the road, smoked to a present time past. While I was stretching my mind over the toilet bowl, passing out in a fog of spinning spaces and learning thoughts of Humility on this the second night of vacations adventures
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.