Geek-Tor.com

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Geek-Tor.com

Post by Ogg »

Quiet at work this morning with hardly any mail so I was free to converse with my colleagues. I mentioned the impending Rush show (Sept 15th!) , the subject turned towards the net and of course I advertised and described by-tor.com, the people within and my tenure here.
Can you believe that I was labelled a 'geek' becuase of my association with 'by-tor.com'...to my face...and I like hard rock! To add insult the accusation came from a Beatles cover band member, this said colleague who (despite four years of asking) is too afraid to even jam with us! I am angry. I have NEVER been labelled a 'geek'. grrrrrrr.
Have you received similar misfortune? Let's share.
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Yeah, I get called a Rush geek by my work mates. It doesn't really bother me to be honest.

So the only show you're going to Ogg, is the only show I'm NOT going to in the UK.
Bassist of Joe's Band

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I get called a geek all the time.....but even without being a Rush fan, I'm a geek. :-D
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

All the time- with or without the Rush label :-D

Does it bother me? Nope- because people come crying to me when something doesn't work.
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Me? A RUSH fan and a Trekkie? A geek?

No!

;)

My daughter told me that a boy at school had called her a geek. I told her "Next time he says that, remind him that he'll be cleaning your pool someday."

"Geek" is what stupid people call smart people. I wouldn't give it too much energy.

by-tor, I've always thought of you more as a Dork than a Geek. I hope that helps...

:twisted:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Geek works for me. What do I care what they call me?
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:by-tor, I've always thought of you more as a Dork than a Geek. I hope that helps...

Doesn't help...but it does suprise me that you 'think'. :razz: :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Its time for the Geeks to rise up and take back their name for themselves so its no longer an insult. After that, we can declare war on the nerds. :twisted:
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

by-tor wrote: Doesn't help...but it does suprise me that you 'think'. :razz: :twisted:
I do.

I mean, I'm sure I'm no match for a product of the widely respected Louisianna Public School system, but I get by....

Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:I mean, I'm sure I'm no match for a product of the widely respected Louisianna Public School system, but I get by....

I wouldn't know....I went to private schools. :twisted:
Me

Post by Me »

Geek? :shock:
Freak, strange, wierd, excentric, prophylactic pocket protector yes but geek never.. :???:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

And I'm sure they were more than willing to tell something personal about themselves. They're probably geekier than you. They probably like Streisand :twisted:

:-D
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

The tides have turned. The geek label is now a badge of honor!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i'ma pretty big geek almost up there with by-tor as D&D increases your geekiness alot
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

and i wear my badge proudly! :-D :D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!