A Favour to ask of you

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

A Favour to ask of you

Post by Ogg »

Would you be so kind as to download one song, yes just ONE song (took me 56 seconds on my 1.1mb connection) from yesterdays practise http://www.purescience.com/matt/ogg/ . This is about the sixth take of a new tune entitled 'Too Far'. I think it has a lot of feel and certainly 'Rocks' in places. I am paticulary pleased with the cool time change around the 2 min 47 sec mark (you would not believe how difficult it was to explain this). The quality music wise is pretty good but the vocals are the usual mire so I've included the lyrics until the polished version is complete.
I have never worked so hard on one paticular song, both mentally and physically and really would appreciate some feedback. This is all from the heart and I can offer no more incentive to have a listen.
Thankyou.

I played my drums yesterday for the first time since my hassle began and I honestly do not think I've ever played with such venom.
I am writing page after page of lyrics and spending a lot of time on arrangments etc.
Anyway, I have been so prolific of late that the guitarist thinks we could revive the concept album, lol. Of course all my meandering has a common theme but I doubt we ever will complete the concept, besides we still have to finish our 'On Any Given Day..' e.p.

Sincere Thankyou's to Elfling for hosting the song..again. Thanks mate :-) .

HusK: 'Too Far'

So Far, So Far...to fall
to fall inside this hell
Is this different for you than me?
Are you hurting silently?
I've got the dirt that grinds me down

We were safe and honour bound
We were fools to play the clown
I dont know If I can laugh
' jokes on us (I dont want to)

I wanna, dont wanna spit in your eye
Wear a little boy hat, feeding the lie
I dont care; I dont mind
We all fall down but we choose our luck
but if we fall now would you rush to get up?
I really wish I knew...

At this moment you
ought to offer truth
from inside

Fly away fly Away
Miles away miles away

Lyrics D Faulkner
Music D Jennings/D Faulkner
Last edited by Ogg on Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Hmmmm, 9 views and not a sausage. is it really that bad? :-) .
I hope the lyrics dont give a false impression of melancholic content. The track is actually quite 'heavy' in places with hints of Metallica era crunching and an 80's epic sheen :-D . The overall intent is one of defiance.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Just viewed this thread now and I am at the library, Ogg, so I can't go listen to it. But, tonight when the boys are away at (American) football praactice, I will download it and H and I will fgive her a listen, kay?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey Ogg, OLS and I both gave "Too Far" a listen, and we both like it.
Keep on keepin on and rock out with your C**K out.

*Pre edited so Happysmilies007 don't have to !!! * :razz: :twisted: :razz:
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

WHB wrote:Keep on keepin on and rock out with your C**K out.
:-D :-D :-D
Last edited by Ogg on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Done sir.... nice work! Very angry.... the way I like it....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

Walkinghairball wrote:*Pre edited so Happysmilies007 don't have to !!! * :razz: :twisted: :razz:
aww..thanks, hairy! :-D :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Me

Post by Me »

I liked the change up @ around 2:57 I think the music fit well with the lyrics but I couldn't understand them with the download. I read them first and could follow through with a hint at the lyrics. It must be really difficult to match lyrics to music and you did it very well...
...If you can clear up the lyrics so the words gets thru with the music, it would be much better. Just my naive opinion. At any rate don't ever stop enjoying life and send us some more messages..

Thanks Ogg,
very cool!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I dont know if I can do that at the cafe Ogg...?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

You guys are going to end up recording everything again once you find a better mix ;)

I can't really comment on the song, I can't hear it over the drums! :shock: Everything else must be louder, but good drum track 8) hehe
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ogg, I was glad to have the lyrics, and would like to hear this one with the lyrics done clearly. The angst is showing in the music, and that is a good thing.
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

3T wrote:Done sir.... nice work! Very angry.... the way I like it....
awip wrote:The angst is showing in the music, and that is a good thing.
Thankyou.