Suit alleges arrest hurt full Rush band

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Let me come back to the original discussion.

As a cop (though in Germany) I can tell you, that it is very difficult to proof if a cop has overreacted or not. As a representative of a state a cop normally gets some kind of protection by the judge.
I don't know what really happened but nevertheless I think at the end of this legal battle the cops won't be found guilty.

I would go on with making brillant music.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Speaking of which, how is your music, Amarok?
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Haha, Dawn! :-D

I meant Rush, you know that.

But my own music isn't bad, too, hopefully. Remember? You had been on our web-site long time ago and used a picture from me (I never forget... :twisted: )
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yes, I knew you meant Rush. I was asking how your music is going because I also remember having visited your site and the pictures there. And I am nosey. So tell about what is going on with your music?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

hope he feels better soon...Nice avatar of Iommi...He's one of my faves too...ttyl

Siggy
Don't start none...won't be none.
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

@ Dawn:

Sorry, misunderstood. You know, my english could be much better :???:

To my music: it's going well. In 2004 we released an album. There are pop- and rocksongs on it, arranged by us for a 5 singers-ensemble and certainly sung by us. The last months we did a mini-tour (7 concerts) throuth Northern Bavaria and next year we want to produce the next album, full of old vocal music of the renaissance (late 15th to early 17th century).

I would be happy seeing your note in our guestbook :-) And you can practice your German once again :-)

Take a look at www.vocal-appearance.de
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am glad to hear your music is going well. CDs and concerts, excellent!

I shall PM you more.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Blabbermouth again:

Judge Tosses RUSH's Claims Over Guitarist's 2003 Scuffle - Aug. 9, 2006
John Henderson of Naples Daily News has issued the following report:

Two members of the internationally known rock band RUSH and their production companies won't win damages from deputies in a lawsuit tied to a New Year's Eve brawl at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples.

A federal judge has ruled that band members Geddy Lee Weinrib and Neil Peart, who weren't in the skirmish in 2003, don't have legal standing to argue they lost business due to the lead guitarist's injuries in the fight.

Lead guitarist Alex Zivojinovich, who tumbled down the stairwell in the scuffle, is seeking millions against the deputies and the hotel in a civil lawsuit that has been filed in U.S. District Court in Fort Myers.

The civil case is far from over despite the ruling, lawyers from both sides said.

The federal judge also agreed that Zivojinovich still has many legal arguments that can be made.

Zivojinovich's Naples lawyer, Michael McDonnell, said he still believes Zivojinovich, a seasonal Naples resident known onstage as "Alex Lifeson," has a strong case.

"We still have our primary case against the Ritz, which is negligence," McDonnell said.

Weinrib and Peart allege their tour and recording suffered business losses as a result of Zivojinovich's injuries.

But a federal judge declared this argument shouldn't be part of the lawsuit.

"The court doubts that there is a free-standing claim under Florida law for 'loss of business revenue,'" states a ruling by U.S. District Judge John E. Steele, issued Aug. 1. "Plaintiffs have not identified any legal basis for such a claim. Assuming, however, that such a cause of action exists, the court agrees these plaintiffs have not alleged any standing."

Read more at www.naplesnews.com.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I always thought Geddy and Neil filing a lawsuit was BS anyway. I still love them but I do think they were wrong. There are too many people filing stupid claims and I think this falls under that catergory. How did they lose any money?? and Alex was the one that got beat up.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I dunno guys...lost wages are lost wages, and therefore recoverable...this isn't over by any means...I'll wait...hahaha
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

If you have a anesthesiologist and a nurse but no doctor how are you going to perform the operation?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Me wrote:If you have a anesthesiologist and a nurse but no doctor how are you going to perform the operation?
ME hit it right on the head- this is a trio, not a duo. Alex being held whereever due to the trial prevented them from making music- therefore (IMO with the 1.5 years of law I took) they should be able to recover lost monies (ie wages)
schuette

Post by schuette »

somehow I dont think they're gonna see that money...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

schuette wrote:somehow I dont think they're gonna see that money...
They have the right to go after it, I never said they'd see any of it...or better yet, they'll get the famous "$1" suit win.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm not saying they shouldnt get the money....I just dont think they will....