What Do We/Do We Not Want to Hear?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I, too would like to see more Vapor Trails stuff. Really.

I haven't seen them enough as there was a huge gap in my concert-going days so any song is OK with me live. I cringe when I get e-mails from peeps saying, "Well, they don't have to play Xanadu since I've already seen it 25 times." Yeesh! Lucky you and godspeed! I only saw it a couple.

I guess (like anyone cares what I think) they can afford to drop some of the old synthy stuff like DEW and RedSectorA and stuff. If they want to put synthy stuff back in I'd love to see Marathon or Time Stand Still or Mission (mmmmmMission) but again it's all subjective. I mostly like the hard rock stuff anyway.

How It Is acoustic....Alex bringing his mandola on stage. Who knows?
Presto?

Imm, I'm with you, babe. Dreamline is a wonderful song that does SO well live. At least we have it captured forever on DVD. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
TonyDess

Post by TonyDess »

Skeleton Crew wrote:
TonyDess wrote:I could do WITHOUT Dreamline,Bravado,Driven and Roll The Bones.

I could do WITH The Camera Eye,Fear Trilogy plus Freeze and Hemispheres
Driven?
NO!!!!
Must have Driven.
Kinda like to hear Roll The Bones too.
Well darn it!Since I got in so deep I guess i've got to explain myself here. :D Every tour since Roll The Bones they have played these songs in their set.Different Stages had these songs and then RIR.

To put it simply-I'm just plain tired of these songs live.I still love Roll The Bones as an album.I sure would like to see them mix it up if they are going to be playing material from this album.How 'bout Face Up,The Big Wheel or my favourite from the album Ghost Of A Chance?

I guess with Driven(live)it is kind of a fairness thing.I mean if Neil and Geddy gets to solo how come Alex doesn't?This guy is one of the most under-rated guitarist of all time and he can't get a 1 or 2 minute solo slot?At least with the T4E tour we got to hear him perform Discovery with lots of improvisation.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Alex is rated at the top of my list, who have you been talking to? :P

;)

He geds plenty of solos, they probably wanted to keep Driven under 12 minutes long, hehe!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Songs I'd rather not hear:

Distant Early Warning
The Big Money

Nothing against those songs, but if they're gonna play something from those albums I'd rather hear some different tunes. Bring back Marathon or Middletown Dreams for Power Windows, and The Enemy Within or Between the Wheels from p/g.

As far as older stuff, I'd LOVE to hear The Camera Eye. Hemispheres would be really cool too. I know they played a little of it on Counterparts tour, but the whole song would be a real treat. Or something from The Necromancer or Fountain of Lamneth.
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Middletown Dreams and The Camera Eye would be great. I couldn't possibly do without DEW though. I must have the precioussssss....
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Someone is actually doing this kind of thing on a larger scale with the results being passed onto the band via SRO.

http://www.rushpetition.com/
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

yeah most of us voted back on the old board i think
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Someone is actually doing this kind of thing on a larger scale with the results being passed onto the band via SRO.

http://www.rushpetition.com/
I would LOVE to hear the songs that are currently top 5 at rushpetition.com. Unfortunately, on the last tour when it came to those if us who voted at that site, the band showed us all their middle fingers. None of the top five songs on that list were played in their entirety.

Okay, a couple were teased in a medley, but to be honest, those medleys leave me feeling let down. "Oh sure, get me all worked up and then drop it just when it's getting good!" Isn't that called coitus interruptus, or something like that?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Waiting for that spine tingling Rush! 13 days and counting down to V.B.
Anything form V.T. will do the trick for me. I do like Tom Sawyer and Closer To The Heart. We may be treated to some of there new cover song material, which will be cool. In The End, Something For Nothing, Fly By Night, Making Memories, The Twilight Zone. Factly what ever they want to play is just find with me, it's all good!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Is it June 13th yet?

No? 26 more days you say?

Damn... :x
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.