Summertime Blues

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

funky cm

Summertime Blues

Post by funky cm »

Summertime Blues available to radio stations for airplay today. Heard it on 100.3 theQ (Victoria, BC) this morning. Awesome! (awip, you may get 94.7 better than 100.3).

A teaser is available on Rush.com!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Thanks for the info, funky!
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

In addition, for those of us in areas that won't play Rush on the radio, there is a clip available at Rush.com. Only about a minute or so but it sounds cool.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Don't ask me why but I got the whole song yesterday, not today though.
It is just absolutly amazing, love the sound. Of course I'm old enough to remember the orginal and got to say they did it justice. 8)
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Stop being "old" around me, tattie! I can remember it too! OOOUGH! I was a drummer in my youth and had a crush on a bass player (no relation to Ged, THAT crush came later...I was strictly a drummer) and whenever they played the cover Summertime Blues I memorized the bass riff.

Now it can be OURS forever by the boys we love best! LOVEIT! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

well it's got a huge big thumbs up from me Image........but I never got the full song
Slaine mac Roth

The big question is will they actually release the single here in Britain. Rush singles never seem to get a UK release (I think the last one was Ghost of a Chance) and they're never actually stocked by any record shops.

So, if anyone gets full, incontrovertable evidence that it is getting a UK release, let me and I'll put it on order. None of my local record shops know anything about it (the pimply youth at HNV gave me a very blank look when I mentioned Rush.)
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
schuette

Post by schuette »

As you say I cant see it being released here... :(
Slaine mac Roth

You never know. They are touring this year.

But, then again, its as likely as Oasis doing something original :(
schuette

Post by schuette »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:But, then again, its as likely as Oasis doing something original :(
LOLOL!!!........very true Image
Railtrail Rider

Post by Railtrail Rider »

I heard the clip from Rush.com and all I can say is...wow. It really sounds like old Rush from the seventies, with those loud in your face guitars that I love. Wouldn't it be great if they wrote some new tunes with that sound and style? I know you can't go back, but it would be more like going full circle maybe.
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

I too heard the clip from Rush.com and was very impressed.

It's quite like the Blue Cheer version. A fine 70's sound, and I am pleased that Geddys voice has also been given something of a 70s revival...

Very encouraging indeed
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Ken

Post by Ken »

Railtrail Rider wrote:I heard the clip from Rush.com and all I can say is...wow. It really sounds like old Rush from the seventies, with those loud in your face guitars that I love. Wouldn't it be great if they wrote some new tunes with that sound and style? I know you can't go back, but it would be more like going full circle maybe.
I'm new to ths forum and have been a devoted fan of Rush since about 1981.I must ask you though, didn't Vapor Trails harken back to the loud days of the seventies?
I like CARESS OF STEEL.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I LIKE you, Ken! And yes, I agree. Good, clean, hard Rock'n Roll!! I LOVE Vapor Trails.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

VT was back to a harder sound, but not quite the simplicity of the first album. "Summertime Blues" just sounds like it could have been played that way by Rush 30 years ago- just 3 guys, without a care in the world, just knockin' off a couple of tunes just for fun.