Bass line of the day...

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

Sir Myghin wrote:neils drums aren't exactly simple in bravado especially getting towarsd then end, listen to that one again you should.

ya couldn't have hit it more on the bulls eye with that one. They start out simple as hell and then as the song progresses, they slowly get more complex and then at the end its your typical neil. i guess thats why i love that song so much.
Kazz
You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

Sir Myghin wrote:and go out and buy the cd !!! ... !!! none of this pirate crap, musicians don't work for free jsut as you don't!
I wish I could, Sir Myghin. But I live in Sarawak. To find albums like this is really hard. The best we have is frikkin' A-Teens. :(

I'm giving bravado another listen. You're right. It's really complex at the end. I can see clearly now why this song is powerful.

Damn. Now I feel like cranking up the volumes & singing along :-)
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i personally love Bravado because of the repeated guitar part. it never fails to bring a tear to my eye!! you guys are definitely right about the drums though. VERY much less (much less??) simple towards the end. just an amazing song altogether.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

You Bet Your Life wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:and go out and buy the cd !!! ... !!! none of this pirate crap, musicians don't work for free jsut as you don't!
I wish I could, Sir Myghin. But I live in Sarawak. To find albums like this is really hard. The best we have is frikkin' A-Teens. :(

I'm giving bravado another listen. You're right. It's really complex at the end. I can see clearly now why this song is powerful.

Damn. Now I feel like cranking up the volumes & singing along :-)
i have to wait til i go to the city to get my albums, wheres thie sarawak?
You Bet Your Life

it's the eastern state of Malaysia. It's located on the northern part of Borneo Island. Nice place with home brewed rice wine & all. :-D

There's actually a perception among the peninsular Malaysians that we live up on trees; that we live on jungle produce & have tattoos on every nook & cranny of our bodies. In a way there's some truth to it (except the tree part :frown: )
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

The bass line of the day is Man on a Silver Mountain...What? Geddy doesn't play that song you say? Well, he should, today is Ronnie's birthday! :occasion9:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Who is to say Geddy doesn't play a little Sabbath or Rainbow or summat every now and then?

HAPPY BIRFDAY, RONNIE JAMES!
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Okay, Dio-Rush trivia here. Ronnie James Dio organized the Hear 'N Aid album which raised money to counter starvation in Africa. What Rush song was on that ablum?
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

todays bassline is need some love

and thats pretty cool you bet your life rock on and i guess you vcan pirate it ;)
You Bet Your Life

Hey thanks, Sir Myghin! You keep on rocking too. :D
happysmilies007

today's bassline is...drumroll please..The Camera Eye!! not just for the bass by itself, but just for this special occasion, the guitar, the bass & the synthesizers all playing the same thing at once!!

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

todays bassline can be hmmm fly by night! thats a great one
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Today's bassline is Rivendell. Geddy really plays bass the way it was meant to be played on this track. Rush on 8)

(This goes into effect 15 minutes from now)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

there is no bass you quack, trying to razz us!

todays bassline stick it oout
happysmilies007

awesome, SMD, i was gonna post one from CP as well.

today's bassline is Leave That Thing Alone L-I-V-E on the RIR disc. man that song rocks.

btw, this goes into effect 28 hours from now. :tongue5: