What Ameircans believe about Iraq, 9/11, etc.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

No, there is only one set of facts and there are people making one thing out of select facts and other people saying "hey that's not the entire truth and its deceptive what they are saying!" Watch the building fall...there is an explosion a few levels below hmmm...the authorities claim the building got so hot that the steel melted, experts (even back then) said no way could a fire from a plane ged so hot to do that...during that time we were being bombarded by immages of the tragedy on the poeple and their families. That was horrible to watch all of them suffer and who was really questioning the fallacies, even I didn't question it much. Now that people have been told what happened all this time without questioning it, they are set in their beliefs and perhaps cannot bear another tragedy and defend what they have been told aimlessly. You cannot think outside the box while sitting in it...stick your head out and look around, you don't have to like what you see.
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Xanadu wrote:
awip2062 wrote:That is some site, Xanny. Tons and tons of information.

I take it from this link, that you don't believe 9-11 happened as we have been told?
Right on...check it out....the facts are disturbing.
I just read a lot of the stuff there and I do think outside of the box from time to time, and I don't buy into alot of the conspiracy theory.

Some of it does seem a little more than a co-inky-dhink, but.................
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Bro wrote:I just read a lot of the stuff there and I do think outside of the box from time to time, and I don't buy into alot of the conspiracy theory.

but...what?
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Xanadu wrote:
Bro wrote:I just read a lot of the stuff there and I do think outside of the box from time to time, and I don't buy into alot of the conspiracy theory.

but...what?

Kiddo........................come on.

You can't possibly be weighing totally into the conspiracy theory, can you?

Is there nothing you trust?
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I trust that things that are bad for me are desirable.
For example; a samich at midnight tastes great. A half-liter of scotch makes the jokes funnier, the music more magical, the sex more crazy. The cigarette that enhances my calm. All things that are out to kill me and at the same time, make life livable.
I'm sure there is a conspiracy in this somewhere. Too much irony for there not to be.
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Some pretty good debunking going on here
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/911myths/
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think Matt's link and your link show what I mean about the two sets of facts.

Taking your example of the heat and steel: One person says the building got so hot that the steel melted, others say no way could a fire from a plane ged so hot to do that. When you are presented with the two "truths" you have to choose whom you believe.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

http://www.strategypage.com/onpoint/art ... 161442.asp

"Claim: . . . 'We have been lied to,' announces the Web site AttackOnAmerica.net. 'The first lie was that the load of fuel from the aircraft was the cause of structural failure. No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel.' The posting is entitled 'Proof Of Controlled Demolition At The WTC.' . . .

"FACT: . . . Jet fuel burns at 1,100 to 1,200 degrees Celsius . . . significantly less than the 1,510 degrees Celsius typically required to melt steel. . . . However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength -- and that required exposure to much less heat . . . "
That doesn't explain the explosions below the crash level...evenly spaced around the building that went off right before it came crashing down...evident in pictures and videos of the building.

So I guess some fire was supposed to soften the steel structure for the entire building despite only being in a relatively small area. Instead of warping the structure at all it just came craching down in a controled maner :?
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

A beautiful thought

Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

An Australian dentist wrote an editorial to let everyone know what an American is, so you would know when you found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Scottish, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek.

An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion.
For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services.

But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes "your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed."

These, in fact, are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families.

It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to terrorize an American if you must. Hitler did. So did Generals Tojo, Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world.

But, in doing so, you would just be terrorizing yourself, because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place.
They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom.

Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American."
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Actually, the "What is an American?" article quoted above was not penned by an Australian (or a dentist), but by Peter Ferrara, an associate professor of law at the George Mason University School of Law in Northern Virginia.

The section that reads "It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists" was not part of the original article.

It's still a good piece though.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

well, put-me-in-a-dress-and-call-me-Sally. :roll: :cry:

Elfie, you read too much. :-D :razz:

And shame on me for being so gullible, but yes it IS a good article, and worth passing on...no matter WHO wrote it.

Dentist in Australia?

...that was original.
:roll:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

It is possible to read too much? :?
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

North Dakota News

This text is from a County Emergency Manager out in the western part of North Dakota state after a snowstorm....

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here, in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a Historic
event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions"
--- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV .

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category
5 snowstorm. Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.

No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families.
Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.

We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sit-in at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate."

It does seem that way, at least to me.

Maybe SOME people will get the message. The world does NOT owe you a living.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This is what I found when I checked that out on Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/soapbox/dakota.asp
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

CygnusX1 wrote:North Dakota News

This text is from a County Emergency Manager out in the western part of North Dakota state after a snowstorm....

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here, in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a Historic
event--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions"
--- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

I was gonna post this but ya beat me to it Sigs... seems right on

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV .

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category
5 snowstorm. Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.

No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny.

Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families.
Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.

We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sit-in at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate."

It does seem that way, at least to me.

Maybe SOME people will get the message. The world does NOT owe you a living.
Happy 2015!