What Ameircans believe about Iraq, 9/11, etc.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Post by Me »

Back to Iraq.... is this a just war or not? Never the less it surely is a mess. There definately needs to be a change of course some suggestions: disarmament, temporary increse in troops and open dialogue and if nothing else, leave and let them kill each other off. Seeing we already got into this mess we should try and resolve it towards some sort of peaceful resolution. Kind of fucked up with all the other people suffering and genocide going on through out the world. How could one say Iraq is "just" when no weapons of mass destuction was found and we let the other suffering go on in the world? :twisted: It is about power, more than it is religion, there has been very little truely religious wars.

It is hard to get past revenge!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

Any comments on the presidents speech last night?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am a bad American. I didn't hear it.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I watched it, and it's GO TIME.

With the troops' hands "untied" by political red tape now,
we're gonna have us a good ol' turkey shoot.

Praise the Lord and PASS THE AMMO.
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I heard some congressman with a D after his name reply to it on the news this morning. He actually said that sending in more troops was not the way to win, but that withdrawing the troops out was the way to win. I am completely lost to the logic there.

I live in the rocky mountains. We have fires every year that start sweeping across those mountains and threatening the homes below them. Never once have I seen them try to put out a fire by removing the firefighters. When the fire gets bad they send in more firefighters until it's out.

How in the world to you win a war by withdrawing? When in history has that EVER worked? Can the critics really be as invested in our defeat as they sound?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:I heard some congressman with a D after his name reply to it on the news this morning. He actually said that sending in more troops was not the way to win, but that withdrawing the troops out was the way to win. I am completely lost to the logic there.

I live in the rocky mountains. We have fires every year that start sweeping across those mountains and threatening the homes below them. Never once have I seen them try to put out a fire by removing the firefighters. When the fire gets bad they send in more firefighters until it's out.

How in the world to you win a war by withdrawing? When in history has that EVER worked? Can the critics really be as invested in our defeat as they sound?
That subtly reminds me that we have a war on Christmas too....all the S-P's and PC want it gone, but NO NONE THINKS OF THE CHILDREN.....it's "ALL ABOUT ME"....ME ME ME...and that's sad.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Man, I don't know. This smells like Vietnam. If we were fighting a conventional enemy I would say yeah, more troops. But we are not. It sounds like we could be sending 21000 more targets. Not sure what good that will do, unless we put them in tanks or airplanes. Kids standing around on a street next to a Humvee is not great strategy. This is quickly becoming a no win situation and what difference will more troops make. You can't fight a less superior enemy on his terms. I thought we learned that lesson in Korea and Vietnam. I wish I had the answer, but IMHO Saddam is dead..mission accomplished. Now lets go get Osama with some AC 130's and daisy cutters (the old fashioned American way) and call it a day.
Happy 2015!
Me

Post by Me »

I should change my Me sig with the sounds of that :shock:
Just to let you all know I have 3 children and they are all in college...talk about some empty pockets but I don't care "I Love Them" and now news from a friend that I thought was rather good and agree with...

No more restrictions now....If you wear a face wrap and carry a RPG?
.....it's OPEN SEASON WITH NO LIMIT.

After Iraq and Iran being at war for 8 years it really baffles me how Iraq
won't except our kindness in the name of peace. Are they that stupid to think that Iran isn't a threat. We can't give up on the innocent people over there, not now.
Me

Post by Me »

Soup4Rush wrote:Man, I don't know. This smells like Vietnam. If we were fighting a conventional enemy I would say yeah, more troops. But we are not. It sounds like we could be sending 21000 more targets. Not sure what good that will do, unless we put them in tanks or airplanes. Kids standing around on a street next to a Humvee is not great strategy. This is quickly becoming a no win situation and what difference will more troops make. You can't fight a less superior enemy on his terms. I thought we learned that lesson in Korea and Vietnam. I wish I had the answer, but IMHO Saddam is dead..mission accomplished. Now lets go get Osama with some AC 130's and daisy cutters (the old fashioned American way) and call it a day.
I am a bit concerned about ethnic cleansing if we left.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Me wrote:
After Iraq and Iran being at war for 8 years it really baffles me how Iraq
won't except our kindness in the name of peace. Are they that stupid to think that Iran isn't a threat. We can't give up on the innocent people over there, not now.
The majority of Iraq has done just that. Most of the people shooting at the Iraqi's (and us, but mostly at the Iraqi's) over there now are imports from Iran and Syria.

Bush also mentioned sending over a Battleship. Any guesses as to what threat that's for? I can betcha it starts with an I and ends with an N.

Like or dislike his policy, at this point Bush seems to be the only guy left in Washington who is standing up to the enemy.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

whats worse, dead Iraqi's or dead Americans?
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote:whats worse, dead Iraqi's or dead Americans?
*hugs Soupy*

You and I have been down this path before. Unfortunately I didn't understand where you were coming from the first time. But we have the same goal in mind I think, and that would be victory instead of pussyfooting around. You brought up Vietnam. And I agree with what I understood your point to be; as long as we keep trying to fight this in a measured manner it's Vietnam all over again. We need to fight hard and fight to win. Instead of shooting at the snipers on the mosque all day and dodging their return fire, we need to level the place.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

gives Elfdude a manhug

I know what you are saying, it would look bad to cut and run. I think that is going to be the end result regardless. The thing is though is how many more American kids die before we do pull out.. re Vietnam. I would love to see us just level the place and leave but the natives would scream bloody murder. and we lose still. If we are going to stay, we need to screw ROE, get the kids off the streets and put them in armored vehicles. or better yet, around the clock sorties with infrared capabilities, AC 130 gunships at night would be the ticket. dead Iraqis are better then dead Americans and day of the year, sorry to be so callous but its the way I feel. Truth be told I could give one rat's behind about any of those people over there. They hate us and as far as I am concerned the feeling is mutual. I am tired of other countries hating on the USA. The USA and her allies do more for this world than the rest of the countries combined. Fuck em if they are too stupid to understand we are trying to help them. Either level the place or get the hell out. doesn't make any difference because we look bad either way. at least American kids stop dying.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Bagdad Glass Company.......................Est. 2007

:twisted:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Bagdad Glass Company.......................Est. 2007

:twisted:
LAKE BAGHDAD :twisted: