Crime and Punishment

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Well........................................ yes. Here it is in my book.
If I knew I wasn't going to have a bed, 3 meals a day, and a roof over my head for the rest of my life after I killed or raped someone, I might think twice prior to the event.

If we had capital punishment for only major obvious crimes, scumbags might, just might not be the scumbags in the frist place.

Yes it would absolutely suck if someone did get executed when they didn't do it, but the world would be rid of a lot of scum. More bad people are released than executed, thats for sure. Yeah and the family of someone executed that did no wrong would be wronged and blah blah.............oops sorry. I just hate it when bad people get off because something was botched in the investigation............................ what then?

This is a mega touchy topic, which has its share of pro's and con's, and is sure to never be perfect. All I know is this..................

A good friend of mind has a 8 yr old daughter who was ass raped by a piece of shit repeat predator, (lived on the same block as him). He took it upon himself to break a window to our County Courthouse to get arrested. He made sure he got to where the scum bag was in about a week of being locked up, and beat that prick almost to death with a food tray. Can you say deserved it!!!

The Judge in the case after hearing the story of how and why aquitted my friend and assured him that when mr. ass bandit was released, he would know the place and date of that..............................Not a liberal judge, thank god. Now, I bet the baby raping scum bag has rights................Not in my world.

Like I said D.A., as barbaric as it seems, it would ,or not help to deter the crap from happening.
This space for rent
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Walkinghairball wrote:Well........................................ yes. Here it is in my book.
If I knew I wasn't going to have a bed, 3 meals a day, and a roof over my head for the rest of my life after I killed or raped someone, I might think twice prior to the event.

If we had capital punishment for only major obvious crimes, scumbags might, just might not be the scumbags in the frist place.
You assume that criminals plan their activities with the expectation of getting caught.

They don't. The proof of this pudding is in the statistics: do murder (Etc) rates go up or down in states where the death penalty is introduced? I'm aware of no great difference.

And the explanation for their being no major difference? The criminals are not expecting to be caught. So the severity of the punishment is no deterrent. If you want to deter people from crime, increase - drastically - the likelihood that they'll get caught.
Yes it would absolutely suck if someone did get executed when they didn't do it, but the world would be rid of a lot of scum.
Where do you draw the line? How many innocent people are you willing to see executed?
This is a mega touchy topic, which has its share of pro's and con's, and is sure to never be perfect. All I know is this..................
You can't please everyne, agreed.
Like I said D.A., as barbaric as it seems, it would ,or not help to deter the crap from happening.
No, it's no deterrant.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Your right, execution is barbaric and and it probably does not deter crime. but it makes me feel GOOD when some piece of garbage gets the needle. :headbang: although I like electrocutionbetter. I bet that hurts like a mother. although the giothing, I can't spell it... the thing that whacks off your dome, I bet that is no walk in the park either. :-D sorry for my lack of PC... Soups is just poor ignorant white trash from the country..
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Soup4Rush wrote:Your right, execution is barbaric and and it probably does not deter crime. but it makes me feel GOOD when some piece of garbage gets the needle. :headbang: although I like electrocutionbetter. I bet that hurts like a mother. although the giothing, I can't spell it... the thing that whacks off your dome, I bet that is no walk in the park either. :-D sorry for my lack of PC... Soups is just poor ignorant white trash from the country..

Do you mean guillotine Soupy? :-)
I love my Welshman.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

there it is Rushlight... I tried to spell that a couple of different ways. It never looked right... 7th grade was the worst 6 years of my life. :-D
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Execution does get rid of the bastard who committed such crimes but it doesn't bring the victim back. Jeffrey Dahmer did such sick and horrible acts against guys even a 14 year old boy, but they sentenced him to prison. When he was caught the first time, he was a smooth manipulator and easy talker that he got a slap on the wrist and was back to killing until finally they brought him to trial and put him in prison. He didn't get executed. It took another inmate to do the deed. After doing some reading on him, it was clear he was insane and would have been better locked up in a nut house.
I love my Welshman.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

at least he is gone and no longer a burden to the taxpayers.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

How many innocent people get executed..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm, don't know. How many guilty people get released..........hmmmmmmmmmmmm, more than innocent executed I bet.

I don't think it is a matter of wether they expect to get caught, I just know that food clothes a bed and a roof are better than most scumbags live from day to day, so prison don't look too bad to them. So they do what they do.

And why is it prisoners get tv, and good food anyway. They should be eating pig slop and watching their cell mates sodomize each other.

How is what they serve in prison HARD TIME nowa days. They should be busting rocks, with feathers.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

pass the sharpie bubba, my man needs some boobs. :-D
Walkinghairball

Billy, that is soooooooooooooooooooo wrong. :-D :razz: :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

but funny eh?
Walkinghairball

In a sick, twisted, wrong, sweaty man love kind of way.....................yuk! :razz: :-D
This space for rent
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Walkinghairball wrote:And why is it prisoners get tv, and good food anyway. They should be eating pig slop and watching their cell mates sodomize each other.

How is what they serve in prison HARD TIME nowa days. They should be busting rocks, with feathers.

For just men prisoners or do you mean the women prisoners too?
I love my Welshman.
Walkinghairball

Well obviously a person who say imbezzles(sp) $$ is most likely not gonna be busting rocks, male or female.

But if we can't have capital for the scumbags of the earth, male or female, yeah............................ why do they get to live in any form of real comfort...................it's wrong I say. Hard time should be that...HARD TIME.

Think of it like this RL, and heaven forbid it should ever happen.............What if someone you love was raped or murdered? Would you lose your mind knowing that piece of shit was eating steak, watching cable tv? I know I would. I'm not saying starve them, or put them in solitary indefinitely, but what right do they have to live comfortably on our dime, when someone else suffered. It makes no sense to me.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

I just found this on netscape. What does anyone think about 100% proof?

Father holding baby slain in US road rage attack

BOSTON, Aug 3 (Reuters) - "A 60-year-old man enraged after a traffic scrape swerved his four-wheel drive across traffic, smashed into a car and fired four shots into it, killing a 27-year-old father holding his baby girl, officials said on Wednesday.

Police charged Walter R. Bishop, a former U.S. Army soldier who worked at a security firm, with the first-degree murder of Sandro Andrade, an immigrant from the West African nation of Cape Verde.

The attack on Tuesday in the Massachusetts town of Brockton occurred after Bishop and Andrade had argued following a traffic incident in which they nearly collided, according to Plymouth District Attorney Timothy Cruz.

Bishop dropped his wife off at a train station and then pursued Andrade, Cruz said.

The shooting, witnessed by dozens of people, happened as Andrade was holding his 10-month-old baby daughter, who was found covered in blood in the car but unharmed.

"The victim was either lifting her into a baby seat or taking her out," Cruz said.

Bishop's lawyers were not immediately available to comment."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By dropping off his wife and then going after the guy, does this not make it premeditated MURDER?

I don't want to pay one dime for that guy to live another day, what he did, for no reason, is unexcusable......Even to the blind eyes of lady justice.
This space for rent