Evangelists turn pro sports into Jesus commercials

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, so what problem is there with (1) loving G-d AND (2) loving others as yourself? Seems to me if we all behaved out of love, we would have no social injustice.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Xanadu wrote:Sex kills? I thought AIDS was the killer not the sex. Now having sex with just whomever and unprotected is stupid and I don't think anyone here wants to promote that.
Okay, bad way of putting it, you are right, Xan. Unsafe sex kills.

I never thought that people on By-Tor were promoting a sexual free-for-all, but rather the conversation started with me commenting that I would rather have sports stars promote religion than sex, drugs, or wife-beating.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

If drugs were legalized there would be much less crime and we'd have to make drug counselors and psychiatrists out of lawyers and police. Family values should be in the forefront taught early on leaving religion out of the picture as humanity can not come together towards utopia. The nature of the political climate now is undermining human productivity towards a cleaner environment. Of course at this juntion in our evolution utopia is social dreaming with all the authoritative pressure surrounding society.
Are we ready to pay the ditch digger on the same scale as the brain surgeon and leave everyone alone to pursue their own interests?

Eat more fresh vegetables and fruit
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Do you really think that paying everyone the same wage and leaving them to pursue their own paths would work?
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I never thought that people on By-Tor were promoting a sexual free-for-all, but rather the conversation started with me commenting that I would rather have sports stars promote religion than sex, drugs, or wife-beating.
Okai bad way of putting it on my part...I shouldnae have said the protoing thing. Alot of famous people do seem to promote drug abuse, like its funny or cool...stupid...

My view on drugs:

ILLEGAL drugs kill because they are illegal. Since the proper ingreedients are hard to aquire and the black market is kinda errmmm unregulated alot of drugs are very dirty such as black tar smack, crack, meth etc. And being illegal they ruin people's lives by being extremely expensive and the people gedding busted and thrown in jail to waste away rather than gedding helped. Drug abuse is not a disease it is a SYMPTOM of an underlying emotional disease. Legalized drugs would not cause more drug abuse...but the gangs that exist to deal drugs and make money couldn't survive...and addicts wouldn't have to steal to ged an expensive fix (supposedly legalized skag would cost the average addict $1.20/day)...

Doctors are some of the worst drug pushers. They prescribe meds for nearly every symptom and do not address the underlying disease. Legally prescribed drugs fuck people up the ass while the bussinessmen that run the governing FDA make bucks of off the extreme markups. And its all to familiar to see these drugs being pushed on TV everyday...just take this pill once a day for releif...blah blah... and then the FDA approving dangerous drugs like Vioxx before its even established as safe and then casually *oops and it needs to be pulled from the market*...*we didn't know it caused that* :shock: Yet holistic doctors are called quacks and even when nutritional causes of disease are finally scientifically "discoverd" its "only because of science that we know this..." Shit why treat conditions with simple nutrition when yuou can pop a pill and ged rid of the symptoms in a few hours and let the underlying disease brew below until it errupts in another way...

Alcohol is legal yet people reguarly act out in uninhibited drunkedness behavior, crashing cars, spreading herpes, fighting, alcohol poisoning etc. Yet I can't legally smoke a doobie and chill and not bother anybody. And then these damn people who day your body is a temple yet preach of some transcendant heaven out of this world then why do they worship their earthly body?...Yet these same people DO poison it by drinking soda, eating trans fat, preservatives, prscessed foods, medications... :x
We're all mad here!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Maybe we could just legalize crime. Then there would be no crime.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Cuz that would be stupider than our politicians are even capable of :lol:
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So, Xan, when I read your post I see that you see that both illegal drugs kill and legal drugs kill.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

if used irresponsibly anything will kill you. If we do not legalize marijuana why should alcohol be legal? I do not see anything wrong with marijuana has long as it is used responsibly. don't smoke and drive, kids have to be 21 etc...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

As I said before, I believe that weed can be used responsibly. I just have a problem with people who promote drug use as a lifestyle, and would rather see them promoting a relationship with G-d as a lifestyle instead.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

aggreed and why do you type G-d. Just curious is all.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

It's a Jewish thing I picked up. A reminder to make sure that when I use His name, I use it properly.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

awip2062 wrote:So, Xan, when I read your post I see that you see that both illegal drugs kill and legal drugs kill.
Basicly :-D

So, when you post "G-d" you mean Ged or God? :razz:
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

awip2062 wrote:As I said before, I believe that weed can be used responsibly. I just have a problem with people who promote drug use as a lifestyle, and would rather see them promoting a relationship with G-d as a lifestyle instead.
why promote a religion....why not healthy eating...exercising..stuff like that...they are sportsmen...