Bird Flu Hoax

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
awip2062 wrote: Also, if I believe in a G-d that is capable of creating all that is seen and unseen, how hard is it to believe that He did so in six 24 hour days?
Well the problem is that he created a bunch of physical evidence of an olllllllld Earth.

Either the book is wrong or the evidence is - and whichever it is, it's deliberate. And that leaves you with a God who lies.

NEWSFLASH!!!

Wales:: man struck by lightining bolt. He claims he never saw it coming. The unidentified man only know as "Dan" claims he is a changed man. Votes republican and roots for Michael Schumacher now. Says he has seen the light, literally.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

:razz: :-D :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
awip2062 wrote: Also, if I believe in a G-d that is capable of creating all that is seen and unseen, how hard is it to believe that He did so in six 24 hour days?
Well the problem is that he created a bunch of physical evidence of an olllllllld Earth.

Either the book is wrong or the evidence is - and whichever it is, it's deliberate. And that leaves you with a God who lies.
One of the reasons I have no problem with evidence of an "olllllllld" Earth is that in addition to the Book of Genesis I (unlike anyone else on this board I think, unless Pan is still here) also believe the Book of Moses. In Chapter 2 we see:
1 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I reveal unto you concerning this heaven, and this earth; write the words which I speak. I am the Beginning and the End, the Almighty God; by mine Only Begotten I created these things; yea, in the beginning I created the heaven, and the earth upon which thou standest.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and I caused darkness to come up upon the face of the deep; and my Spirit moved upon the face of the water; for I am God.

3 And I, God, said: Let there be light; and there was light.
Verse 2 would indicate that when God created this world, He used matter that was already in existance. No way of knowing how long it was without form before He set to work on making this world out of it. But our carbon dating techniques would certainly show it to be old.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Devil's Advocate wrote: Well the problem is that he created a bunch of physical evidence of an olllllllld Earth.

First off, why would He have to create it in a "young" state?

Secondly, why do you keep saying "it's a lie/ he's a liar" about so many things and people?

Thirdly, you don't believe in my G-d, and if He doesn't exist, how can He lie?
Onward and Upward!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Soup4Rush wrote: NEWSFLASH!!!

Wales:: man struck by lightining bolt. He claims he never saw it coming. The unidentified man only know as "Dan" claims he is a changed man. Votes republican and roots for Michael Schumacher now. Says he has seen the light, literally.

Oh my gawd. May I smack you now? :razz: :razz: :razz:
I love my Welshman.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

awip2062 wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote: Well the problem is that he created a bunch of physical evidence of an olllllllld Earth.

Because it would be dishonest for him not to.
Secondly, why do you keep saying "it's a lie/ he's a liar" about so many things and people?
In this instance, because the Bible says that God cannot lie.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a hypothetical situation. And since it leads to contradictions such as this, it demonstrates that your god does not exist, at least as defined and described by you and the bible.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

^^^

*Devil pokes Awip with his pitchfork* :razz:
We're all mad here!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:

This is a debating tactic used by a lot of extremist groups. The one in which I've observed it the most would be the neo-nazis. As soon as they are confronted with something that makes Hitler look bad, like the holocaust, they simply say, "That never happened, the Jews made it up." Ask them about anything else related and the answer is the same, "The Jews made it up. They lied." This, of course, makes rational discussion impossible.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

yep...you guys are just gonna have to agree-to-disagree....I smell a stalemate, but hey....

I'm a product of the public school system....whadda I know? :-D :roll:

I can't hold a candle to your collective intellect, :shock:

but I know one thing....I'm BIRD FLU FREE, and that deserves a beer..

here's to ya :occasion5:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
awip2062 wrote:

Because it would be dishonest for him not to.
In this instance, because the Bible says that God cannot lie.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a hypothetical situation. And since it leads to contradictions such as this, it demonstrates that your god does not exist, at least as defined and described by you and the bible.

HOLY CRIKEY :shock: :shock: DA, You better pick up some 20000 SPF sunblock and some bahama shorts.
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote: HOLY CRIKEY :shock: :shock: DA, You better pick up some 20000 SPF sunblock and some bahama shorts.

Stupid global warming...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

forget global warming, try extra crispy. DA, I think you are a really smart dude, far smarter than I will ever hope to be, but man that "God is a liar" stuff is out in left field. Even for you. In my simple opinion, I look around at the stars, the moon, the sky, the sun, animals, mountains etc. The Earth is at a perfect spot away from the sun. It is neither too hot nor too cold. It is in a perfect spot in the universe to substain our type of life. There is no way some big bang theory made all this happen. There has to be some supreme being controlling all of this. I mean people kill each other over God. I for one hope there is some sort of paradise or Heaven when I die. I can't imagine that you do your 70 years on Earth, then are buried and thats it. finato!! I hope people like Schu have another chance to see a child they lost in this life somewhere in a better place where there is no pain and suffering. I respect your opinion DA, but I really think you are wrong. I hope for all of us you are wrong.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

DA, creating the earth as a mature planet would not be lying anymore than it was a lie for Him to create Adam an adult. So there were already mountains and canyons and mature forests, that is not a lie.

I just don't get your logic here.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

true dat Soup....true dat....the truth will set you free :-D

(Abe Lincoln said that, didn't he?)

nope...my bad...it was G. Gordon Liddy :-D heeheeeheehee
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL Siggs!

That was Jesus in John 8:32.