Conflicts in the Middle East

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Well, at least they are staying consistant.
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Being of a curious mind always thinking stitching threads together making a nice suit to wear for now and my
having generous opinions not under any illusion of representation to reality's propaganda of religious poverty of social activity towards commodity's fetishism manifested thru creation myths breeding vengeful competition. While asking myself who's going to profit the most from war? For 9/11 it was a brilliant plan to get the oil prices to spike, dumping huge amounts of money in the pockets of the middle east in particular the King of Dubai and of course Bush having oil himself it didn't hurt his pockets either. That's not gas coming out at the end of those pumps it's blood. As for the radical religious rhetoric, just a brilliant smoke screen to advert our attention from the truth, while using those nut bags in the process, laughing all the way up in their elegant skyscrapers.

the brutal egoism of my ignorance will deny Me
Bawahahaheeheehoho and back to work I go

Love,
Spudly
Mr. Potatoe Head

Don't ignor me, I am an attention whore!
Perhaps my idea's draw the poison of resentment?
Nevertheless I'd like to be viewed as a friend.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And Friend is what you are in my mind.

I do disagree with you on the religious aspect being a smoke-screen. I think that is "the other side's" main agenda, not a smoke-screen. I could see it being used as a smoke-screen by Westerners much more readily. The Eastern mind is so different from our own. Parts of the Eastern way of thinking I like very much, others I don't care for, really.
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

awip2062 wrote:And Friend is what you are in my mind.

I do disagree with you on the religious aspect being a smoke-screen. I think that is "the other side's" main agenda, not a smoke-screen. I could see it being used as a smoke-screen by Westerners much more readily. The Eastern mind is so different from our own. Parts of the Eastern way of thinking I like very much, others I don't care for, really.
A gathering of superstitious cults ignoring the alarm clock of reason. Our species is still in the crip sucking on the pacifier of religion which is nothing more than the crystallisations of emotional need as was the myths and rituals of antiquity, forms of self-discovery.

Feel that slight breeze.....it's the wind of change.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I respect your opinion Spuds.

I just can't comment - or I'll go into a rant.

Those people have been killing each other for THOUSANDS of years.

It's not a quick fix.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Unnecessary to go on a rant when we could have an intelligent discussion, which of course will bleed off into other area's of "why"
I know there are people here on by-tor that believe and that is their choice. I don't dis-like them or anyone for their beliefs or opinions. I let mine be known and they can do the same, it makes no differnce to me.
I do realize that there is and I have been effected by persons objectification to my alienation.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Well, Spud, if you did dislike us for believing in religion, you sure have a lousy way of showing it!
Onward and Upward!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Being of a curious mind always thinking stitching threads together making a nice suit to wear for now and my
having generous opinions not under any illusion of representation to reality's propaganda of religious poverty of social activity towards commodity's fetishism manifested thru creation myths breeding vengeful competition. While asking myself who's going to profit the most from war? For 9/11 it was a brilliant plan to get the oil prices to spike, dumping huge amounts of money in the pockets of the middle east in particular the King of Dubai and of course Bush having oil himself it didn't hurt his pockets either. That's not gas coming out at the end of those pumps it's blood. As for the radical religious rhetoric, just a brilliant smoke screen to advert our attention from the truth, while using those nut bags in the process, laughing all the way up in their elegant skyscrapers.

Love,
Spudly
Radical Religious Rhetoric - It's a facade built by the looters to quell the original, uniquely new, ideas.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Mr. Potatoe Head

awip2062 wrote:Well, Spud, if you did dislike us for believing in religion, you sure have a lousy way of showing it!
I don't know how you came to that conclusion? :?
I wrote just the opposite!!!

Was it this.... I do realize that there is and I have been effected by persons objectification to my alienation?

PEOPLE ALIENATE ME BECAUSE THEY OBJECT TO WHAT IT I HAVE TO SAY

Seems like you'd rather fight than have a sensible converstation? perhaps that is your way of avoiding it all together, alienate me by belittling me.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Wendy wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Being of a curious mind always thinking stitching threads together making a nice suit to wear for now and my

Love,
Spudly
Radical Religious Rhetoric - It's a facade built by the looters to quell the original, uniquely new, ideas.
Will you please explain these new original, uniquely new, ideas.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Original - Umbilical cord stem cell production.

New - Lithium ion battery powered cars.

My favorite - Producing energy from WIND ( Not new or original )

:argue:
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Well, Spud, if you did dislike us for believing in religion, you sure have a lousy way of showing it!

Seems like you'd rather fight than have a sensible converstation? perhaps that is your way of avoiding it all together, alienate me by belittling me.
Um, hate to butt in here, but there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. AWIP twisted a cute sentence into meaning that you do NOT seem to hate them, despite their beliefs, and it appears you took it as her saying you DO hate them for that. 'Sides, everyone here is a friend. How could anyone want to belittle you, Spuddles? :-)

We all luvs ya! Gnome sane?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Wendy wrote:New - Lithium ion battery powered cars.
blame the auto makers for not letting us drive a hydrogen car that runs on WATER! That's right. WATER.

Big Auto will do everything in their power to prevent phasing out
of the gasoline internal combustion engine. They're experts at it.

We'd be on 100% E85 or Ethanol already if it weren't for their lobbying.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:

Um, hate to butt in here, but there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. AWIP twisted a cute sentence into meaning that you do NOT seem to hate them, despite their beliefs, and it appears you took it as her saying you DO hate them for that. 'Sides, everyone here is a friend. How could anyone want to belittle you, Spuddles? :-)

We all luvs ya! Gnome sane?
Thank You for being our peace-keeping force on the perimeter BBO Yet for as long a community cannot articulate it's differences with a qualitative process of exchange or the absense of such is as much internally inflicted and a defensive posture.
Or having no more than a tooth-paste reply, how are we to advance?