Conflicts in the Middle East

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Or having no more than a tooth-paste reply, how are we to advance?
I have a reply:

....uhhhhh...WHAT?? LOL

just bustin' yer stones Spuds.

That's deep.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Well, Spud, if you did dislike us for believing in religion, you sure have a lousy way of showing it!
I don't know how you came to that conclusion? :?
I wrote just the opposite!!!

Seems like you'd rather fight than have a sensible converstation? perhaps that is your way of avoiding it all together, alienate me by belittling me.
Um, hate to butt in here, but there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. AWIP twisted a cute sentence into meaning that you do NOT seem to hate them, despite their beliefs, and it appears you took it as her saying you DO hate them for that. 'Sides, everyone here is a friend. How could anyone want to belittle you, Spuddles? :-)

We all luvs ya! Gnome sane?
Thank You for being our peace-keeping force on the perimeter BBO Yet for as long a community cannot articulate it's differences with a qualitative process of exchange or the absense of such is as much internally inflicted and a defensive posture.
Or having no more than a tooth-paste reply, how are we to advance?
I am not calling anyone the village idiot, it's not mobile dickery nor am I trying to pave crazy crevices?but apparently many have agoraphobia of epistemologies. Pedagogically speaking it's not good to keep people in the closet, especially children.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Uh, ok. I guess I was out of line (I think...not sure what most of what you posted means...or maybe I'm too lazy to look up lots of words) and I'll respectfully back away and mind my own business. It really did seem like just a misunderstanding, though.

I guess I hate to see people upset, in this case, unintentionally. But whatever floats your Baby Ruth bar.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
We'd be on 100% E85 or Ethanol already if it weren't for their lobbying.
The current problem with Ethanol is that it takes more energy to produce a gallon of it than the gallon produces when it's burned. Very inefficient. That, and it's causing us to burn a portion of our food supply. There are better alternatives.

Wind used to be inefficient, but it's improved dramatically, with new turbine technology. It's a perfectly viable alternative now. The problem there is we keep getting Senators (Kennedy most recently) and Congressmen blocking the construction of wind farms because they might mess up a view from their (or a wealthy constituent's) homes.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Which most likely are not "Green."
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
The current problem with Ethanol is that it takes more energy to produce a gallon of it than the gallon produces when it's burned. Very inefficient. That, and it's causing us to burn a portion of our food supply. There are better alternatives.

Wind used to be inefficient, but it's improved dramatically, with new turbine technology. It's a perfectly viable alternative now. The problem there is we keep getting Senators (Kennedy most recently) and Congressmen blocking the construction of wind farms because they might mess up a view from their (or a wealthy constituent's) homes.
I understand and I agree, but you cannot deny how big of a footprint
BIG AUTO has in the whole issue. We'd be eons ahead of the world in alternative fuels it wasn't for them.
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:

I understand and I agree, but you cannot deny how big of a footprint
BIG AUTO has in the whole issue. We'd be eons ahead of the world in alternative fuels it wasn't for them.
Well... it's all of us. We really like big auto and have supported them forever because we like what they offer and there hasn't been a real NEED to change.

[fill in here] is the mother of invention.

A new, affordable, efficient fuel won't come about because government says it should. Government has never been good at this sort of thing. Once the need is real and inescapable (and I believe that times is fast approaching), the private sector will bring about real solutions. That's my optimistic opinion anyway. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Well, Spud, if you did dislike us for believing in religion, you sure have a lousy way of showing it!

Seems like you'd rather fight than have a sensible conversation? perhaps that is your way of avoiding it all together, alienate me by belittling me.
Um, hate to butt in here, but there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. AWIP twisted a cute sentence into meaning that you do NOT seem to hate them, despite their beliefs, and it appears you took it as her saying you DO hate them for that. 'Sides, everyone here is a friend. How could anyone want to belittle you, Spuddles? :-)

Thank You for being our peace-keeping force on the perimeter BBO Yet for as long a community cannot articulate it's differences with a qualitative process of exchange or the absense of such is as much internally inflicted and a defensive posture.
I am not calling anyone the village idiot, it's not mobile dickery nor am I trying to pave crazy crevices?but apparently many have agoraphobia of epistemologies. Pedagogically speaking it's not good to keep people in the closet, especially children.
Spuds, are you keeping some of these brilliant quotes in your journal for future song writing? "Pave crazy crevices" "Agoraphobia of epistemologies" Fantastic linkages of words!!!

Open the closet door and inform those who are keeping prisoners to allow and encourage expansion of their gray matter.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:

Was it this.... I do realize that there is and I have been effected by persons objectification to my alienation?

PEOPLE ALIENATE ME BECAUSE THEY OBJECT TO WHAT IT I HAVE TO SAY

Seems like you'd rather fight than have a sensible converstation? perhaps that is your way of avoiding it all together, alienate me by belittling me.
No, no, no, I understood you perfectly. Let me try this again another way:

I do not think you dislike us for our beliefs. The way you treat us is not anything like that!

Let me try this again....
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

awip2062 wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:

Was it this.... I do realize that there is and I have been effected by persons objectification to my alienation?

PEOPLE ALIENATE ME BECAUSE THEY OBJECT TO WHAT IT I HAVE TO SAY

No, no, no, I understood you perfectly. Let me try this again another way:

I do not think you dislike us for our beliefs. The way you treat us is not anything like that!

Let me try this again....
I am waiting...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Wendy wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:

Seems like you'd rather fight than have a sensible conversation? perhaps that is your way of avoiding it all together, alienate me by belittling me.

Spuds, are you keeping some of these brilliant quotes in your journal for future song writing? "Pave crazy crevices" "Agoraphobia of epistemologies" Fantastic linkages of words!!!

Open the closet door and inform those who are keeping prisoners to allow and encourage expansion of their gray matter.
Thank You for the compliment ...but please don't have any illusions about who I am.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Big Blue Owl wrote:Uh, ok. I guess I was out of line (I think...not sure what most of what you posted means...or maybe I'm too lazy to look up lots of words) and I'll respectfully back away and mind my own business. It really did seem like just a misunderstanding, though.

I guess I hate to see people upset, in this case, unintentionally. But whatever floats your Baby Ruth bar.
I didn't think you was out of line, what-so-ever.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Wendy wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:

Thank You for the compliment ...but please don't have any illusions about who I am.
I'm not really prone to illusions, I prefer reality. Please don't disillusion me by telling me you aren't real. :o
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Mr. Potatoe Head

Wendy wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Wendy wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:

I'm not really prone to illusions, I prefer reality. Please don't disillusion me by telling me you aren't real. :o
I am real alright...but I haven't wrote many lyrics and no books yet.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Ah, that's a relief, you are real.
Keep writing in that style, I enjoy the challenge of deciphering it.

Now what is the topic, oh,
the Middle East.

I don't think I freakin' have anything to say about that right now.

:x

RUSH is, at this moment, somewhere in the middle of Kansas City, MO
and playing their first set of the night.

:tongue2: