guns

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey BBO,................................... little help here too. I seem to have laughed my butt off. :lol: :-D :lol: :-D
While you've laughed yours off, Emma here, shows her's off
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

thanks BBO.
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

My pleasure, WHB :-)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

LOL
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Hey BBO,................................... little help here too. I seem to have laughed my butt off. :lol: :-D :lol: :-D
who'syerdaddy who'syerdaddy :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
:shock:

I've definitely been single way too long...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

From wbir.com
Knox County Commission member and car dealer Greg "Lumpy" Lambert says he grew suspicious Saturday when a customer didn't price haggle over a 2005 Ford Focus. The young man didn't ask for a mechanical inspection, either.

Lambert says the man pulled a .25-caliber handgun from his pocket, apparently to rob him. Lambert pulled his own .380 caliber and the two were pointing weapons at each other for a tense moment.

The commissioner says he told the man to put down his gun and the man said he didn't want any trouble.

The suspect fled on foot and police later arrested 19-year-old Kane Stackhouse on an attempted robbery charge.

At the time of the robbery, Lambert was wearing a baseball cap that read, "Friends of the NRA." He says the would-be robber never asked for money or made demands -- but then, he didn't get much of a chance to.

copyright AP
Katie Allison Granju , Producer
Last updated: 11/13/2006 2:06:53 PM
schuette

Post by schuette »

you want me to quote the amount of times guns have killed..?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Just pointing out the obvious... that they're a good thing for self defense.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I wonder how many have been killed by people defending themselves?

I still say it isn't the gun anymore than it is the knife or the pills or the cars, it is the human. Take the guns away, problem not solved.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

got gun? :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

4 die in Colo. church, mission attacks

By JUDITH KOHLER, Associated Press Writer 17 minutes ago

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A gunman shot four staff members at a missionary training center near Denver early Sunday, killing two, after being told he couldn't spend the night. About 12 hours later and 65 miles away in Colorado Springs, a gunman fatally shot a parishioner at a megachurch and wounded four other people before a guard killed him, police said.

The police chief in Arvada, a suburb about 15 miles west of Denver where the mission workers were shot, said the shootings may be related to those in Colorado Springs but declined to elaborate. No one had been captured in the Arvada shootings, authorities said.

The mission training program in Arvada does have a small office on the Colorado Springs church campus.

Witness descriptions differed in each incident. A handgun was used in the shootings at the Youth With a Mission center in Arvada, while a rifle was used at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, police said.

The gunman at the New Life Church was shot and killed by a church security guard after entering the church's main foyer with high-powered rifle shortly before 1 p.m. and opening fire, Colorado Springs Police Chief Richard Myers said. Four others were wounded, Myers said.

The church's 11 a.m. service had recently ended, and hundreds of people were milling about when the gunman opened fire. Nearby were parents picking up their children from the nursery.

Police arrived to find that the gunman had been killed by a member of the church's armed security staff, Myers said.

"There was a courageous staff member who probably saved many lives here today," Myers said.
THIS is why I think people should be allowed to carry. How many more would have died if the guard had not shot back?
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

And in the other hand, how many people would have died if he was carrying a concealed banana?

Geeeeeez, I don't know where to go on this subject. On the one hand, I don't want anyone to take any of my rights or possessions away for the "greater good." On the other hand, so many other places in the world don't have the kind of murder problem we do and guns just happen to be banned (or kept on a tight leash) there. I realize we come from cowboy stock, but we kinda-sorta should'a evolved beyond that by now, no?

It's an issue with no easy answers, frustration on both sides, and usually sad outcomes.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sgt.:
Right. Bananas. How to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. Now you, come at me with this banana. Catch! Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.

Palin:
Suppose he's got a bunch.

Sgt.:
Shut up.

Idle:
Suppose he's got a pointed stick.

Sgt.:
Shut up. Right now you, Mr Apricot.

Chapman:
'Arrison.

Sgt.:
Sorry, Mr. 'Arrison. Come at me with that banana. Hold it like that, that's it. Now attack me with it. Come on! Come on! Come at me! Come at me then! (Shoots him.)

Chapman:
Aaagh! (dies.)
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

^^^
You just caused a few more laugh wrinkles with that, Elf. Right on "target." :-)