Is Global Warming a Sin?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Post by Me »

I know some of you don't agree with climate change/global warming but there is a new datum in effect and updated because the reality is the oceans have risen from 1' to 3' yet there is many a drought... it's accelerating.

Nevertheless I am still going on vacation 8)
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Me wrote:I know some of you don't agree with climate change/global warming but there is a new datum in effect and updated because the reality is the oceans have risen from 1' to 3' yet there is many a drought... it's accelerating.

Nevertheless I am still going on vacation 8)
I'm SURE you're gonna burn SCADS of those precious fossil fuels on your trip as well.

Party on Me! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

shit I came back to delete my comment no need to worry people but you fixed that oh well party on rush on go wind go solar :-D
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Me wrote:shit I came back to delete my comment no need to worry people but you fixed that oh well party on rush on go wind go solar :-D
ah fuhgedaboudit Me....go have a wonderful vacation.

Led someone else worry about the decline of Global Civilization, k? :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Me wrote:I know some of you don't agree with climate change/global warming
I don't disagree with its existance... only the assertion that it's man-made.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Me

Post by Me »

ElfDude wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Elfdude.

I came up with a creative solution to save about a half a foot of shore line
around the globe but people wouldn't hear of it...dam the Grand Canyon up and dervert the water there, imagine the building boom :-D There are actually many places we could dam up...but what better place than the high desert.

OY'.... oh me, oh my!

You should know me by now cyg, I am going to think of something.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Me wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Elfdude.

I came up with a creative solution to save about a half a foot of shore line
around the globe but people wouldn't hear of it...dam the Grand Canyon up and dervert the water there, imagine the building boom :-D There are actually many places we could dam up...but what better place than the high desert.

OY'.... oh me, oh my!

You should know me by now cyg, I am going to think of something.
I wouldn't expect anything less Bro. :-D
Me

Post by Me »

:-D I feel like I have a responsibility to inform people.
Adding to the article below I have noticed a huge change in my yard and other places I have traveled this year regarding the honey bees. There is hardly any around, I have a lot of clover in my yard yet only noticed a few bees to what use to be 100's That could have huge implications as bees are needed to pollinate the food we eat.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Animal and plant species have begun dying off or changing sooner than predicted because of global warming, a review of hundreds of research studies contends.

These fast-moving adaptations come as a surprise even to biologists and ecologists because they are occurring so rapidly.

At least 70 species of frogs, mostly mountain-dwellers that had nowhere to go to escape the creeping heat, have gone extinct because of climate change, the analysis says. It also reports that between 100 and 200 other cold-dependent animal species, such as penguins and polar bears are in deep trouble.

"We are finally seeing species going extinct," said University of Texas biologist Camille Parmesan, author of the study. "Now we've got the evidence. It's here. It's real. This is not just biologists' intuition. It's what's happening."

I am not going on vacation till the end of July so you got awhile to put up with me yet. :D Then it's only for a week and I'll have a lap top LOL
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

hmmm . . . .

This reminds me of the evolution theories. First, there is the belief, then comes the evidence allegedly supporting it.

I think these "disappearances" should be positively linked to global warming before they are labeled as global warming effects.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:hmmm . . . .

This reminds me of the evolution theories. First, there is the belief, then comes the evidence allegedly supporting it.

I think these "disappearances" should be positively linked to global warming before they are labeled as global warming effects.
Zep's got a point there.... :???:
Me

Post by Me »

zepboy wrote:hmmm . . . .

evolution is a proven fact nevertheless if you want to go around with blinders on so be it fine with me we can just continue to agree to disagree
nothing less nothing more
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I think all he's saying is that we need to be careful of the logical fallacy, "Came after it, therefore caused by it".

Using this method of logic, I can blame man-made global warming on disco music. After all, from the 40's until the 70's the planet had been cooling. It wasn't until disco music came along that it started warming.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

And speed metal was cool...before Metallica went corporate. :roll:
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Me wrote:evolution is a proven fact
From my experience, it is proven only to those who choose to believe some of the evidence. Nonetheless, contradictory evidence also exists.

I remember the old AA 12-step saying, "Pick what you want, ignore the rest."

Of course, I not be trying to stir the nest, but I think ALL mankind will be served better if we can agree that following science, with as much as it corrects itself over time, is a faith based system just as much as any religion. What may be true one day, according to science, may not be true tomorrow when new discoveries are made. Hence, the faith is in todays "facts," rather than what is really true.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Zep, you make a great case for remaining faithless.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))