Is Global Warming a Sin?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Post by Me »

awip2062 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:Your use of the word "mock" is saddening and a bit of a surprise to me. I never post to mock any of my friends. No, I did not mean you when I mentioned the 5000 year-old earth, but others on this board have argued that scientists are full of crap and that the earth is only thousands of years old.
I don't believe I ever used such terminology directed toward the scientists themselves, however, I have stated that I am suspect of dating methods and believe it quite possible the earth is young, about 10,000.

*edited to close my tag*
"One divides into two" and "two fuse into one" yo-yo of the world spectacles for myself or all, the banalization of underlings principal relic of heritage class power the remains of religion and family... the enemy within. Societies wholesale survival scared and calloused for the spectacles of my or our minds it's your choice...either way it's a war.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

After all these years, finally a smoking gun. The hoax is exposed.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... l-warming/
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Again.............WOW!!!!!!!! :shock:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm so glad that the fleecing of the MILLENIUM was exposed.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.... No pun intended.

***turns the "heat" up*** :twisted:
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I had decided long ago that if there is such a thing as a carbon footprint, I was going to wear big shoes! lol
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:I had decided long ago that if there is such a thing as a carbon footprint, I was going to wear big shoes! lol
hahahaha! I'm wearing carbon SNOWSHOES! \m/

So yo, Zep...you think Al Gore is shaking in his mukluks yet, or what?
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

You kiddin' me? He's way too arrogant for that! He and Obongo are cut from the same mold in that regard.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

zepboy wrote:You kiddin' me? He's way too arrogant for that! He and Obongo are cut from the same mold in that regard.
It's just been learned that Obama is going to Copenhagen after all. I guess he realizes that time is fast running out for Americans to be willingly taxed out of existence over this.
Devil Dick

Post by Devil Dick »

I thought it time to spred my wings and come out in the world of By-Tor. Now I don't know much about global warming not getting out much however I do read about it in cyber space and came across this today...

Sea level continues its 3mm/year creep up the coasts of the world, the western Siberian permafrost continues to melt. Swathes of California and Australia are pretty much permanent firestorm zones these days, and heat waves continue to kill thousands in Europe. The glaciers retreat, the Arctic ice cap shrinks, a myriad migratory species continue to show up at their northern destinations weeks before they?re supposed to. The pine beetle furthers its westward invasion, leaving dead forests in its wake? the winters, you see, are no longer cold enough to hit that lethal reset button that once kept their numbers in check.

I could go on, but you get my drift. And if the Climate-Change Hoax Machine is powerful enough to do all that, you know what?

They deserve to win.

I guess that's a scientific fact so what do you bright minds think about what is causing it then?

Time for my nap
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ElfDude wrote:Everybody sing along! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEiLgbBGKVk
har har .
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Phil Jones is one of the key fraudsters. I'm glad he's being fingered now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -quit.html
George Monbiot, a leading environmentalist, said Phil Jones should resign from the Climatic Research Unit over leaked emails that appear to show researchers suppressed scientific data.

More emails came to light yesterday, including one in which an American climatologist admitted it was a travesty that scientists could not explain a lack of global warming in recent years.
Devil Dick

Post by Devil Dick »

Catchie tune...hard to decline, hard to decline... weather gate LOL
I will sit on the global warming bus. I don't believe all the retoric or nay-sayers why of course we'd have a colder climate for many years .If I took a block of ice and put it in my room it would melt but for a time it would bring the temp down, just common sense. If we take billions of tons of ice from the antarctic melt it into the atmosphere and the sea where it rides high or low around the globe you never know where it's finally going to come down, perhaps in my desert neighborhood? There really wasn't any need to hide the data but some person wanting attention stole it, just to say...hard to decline, hard to decline that was a catchie tune though. There is real and ergent need to curb our carbon foot print many things we do today won't show up for years to come and it frustrates me that there's very little forsight in people.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!
I am looking forward to Alices Restaurant.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil Dick wrote: There really wasn't any need to hide the data
Real scientists don't hide data. That's the whole point of science... you witness something and develop a theory. Then you test, test, and retest to either prove or disprove your theory. Science was supposed to be the one thing in which we could trust, since it was not driven by other agendas like religion or politics. But these guys have been lying to us, trying to convince us that science agrees with their political agenda by hiding data, manipulating data, creating graphs for the public that weren't based on reality, etc. The whole thing was a sham. The light of truth has been shined upon the darkness. We've been lied to. We now have to look at scientific reports the way we look at politicians making a campaign speech or TV news people reporting on something controversial. What was supposed to be trustworthy has been corrupted.

How do you like being lied to, Richard? These guys presented themselves as scientists and researchers when they were, in fact, something very different. What do you think of people who present themselves to you as being something or someone they're really not?

I hate it when I catch myself doing it to other people. And I really don't like it when people do it to me.

Sorry to get so passionate, man. From the way you describe your life, I'm sure that's something you don't need in your face. But as someone who works in the scientific field (in the science of temperature metrology in fact) I have seen this for what it is for years. A lot of stuff we were being told just didn't add up. I talk about a lot of it elsewhere in this thread. But now we have the smoking gun. And I have to laugh (or get angry) at anyone still trying to cling to the fake science now. It's like catching the burglar in the jewelry store, black mask on, broken display cases all around him, bag full of ill-gotten loot over his shoulder, and he still has the audacity to say, "I wasn't doin' nuthin'!"

:lol: Busted! :lol:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil Dick wrote: Happy Turkey Day everyone!
I am looking forward to Alices Restaurant.
Roger that!

Have a very happy Thanksgiving everyone. We've still got a lot to be thankful for. :-D