my letter to the NAACP

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

my letter to the NAACP

Post by Soup4Rush »

Good Morning,

My name is Bill Lowen. I would like to take a minute of your time. I am a 39 year old white male. I was on my morning commute and I saw a sign that I found quite offensive. The sign was advertising a community party and was located off Lafayette street behind La Rez park. It read ?Bring Black Back? and had a picture of a black fist raised in the air. I am not that na?ve to not know the meaning of that. My point is that if the community wants to have a party, that is OK with me. But in the true spirit of brotherhood, everyone of any color or heritage should be invited. I would love to come to a party like that, however that sign makes it clear that I, as a white person, am not invited.

On another note, wanting to better educate myself about the NAACP, I was reading your website. Very imformative I must say and I would also like to add I sympathize with Black America?s plight for sins that have been commited against them over the last 300 years. Note, I use Black rather than African American because we are all Americans, white, black,red, yellow or whatever the color. To put another country or in this case, continent in front of American, is shameful in my humble opinion. But I digress. My point is that I read your mission and your vision and I am troubled by what I read.

Our Mission
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.

Vision Statement
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination.

Objectives
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution ? the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
? To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
? To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
? To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
? To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
? To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
? To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
Yet, the NAACP stands for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Your very name contradicts your mission and vision as well as your objectives. Believe me when I say racial discrimination is a two way street.

I live in an intergrated neighborhood and my kids go to an intergrated school. I think I, as well as my kids are better people for that. I have to say, I am tired of paying for the sins of a bunch of scumbag?s actions 300, 200 or even 30 years ago. People I did not even know.
I do not know what the answer is for racial harmony. I think most people, black and white are not racist. However, I have met both black and white people that have views that quite frankly, disgust me. Maybe changing your name to the National Association for the Advancement of ALL People would be a good start. We are all Americans. We need to come together or this great country that we all live in, will be doomed.

Sincerely,

Bill Lowen
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Right on my brother. REPRESENT YO. :cool:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

no response... I was thinking about calling the local media to complain. If I hung a sign that said bring white back, with a white power image, the NAACP would be breaking my door down.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:no response... I was thinking about calling the local media to complain. If I hung a sign that said bring white back, with a white power image, the NAACP would be breaking my door down.
Oh I understand perfectly Soup. As you know, the military knows
no color, but hey....we're not COMPLETELY ignorant.

For instance, I have yet to see "Caucasian History Month", the
"United Caucasian College Fund" or NAACP accepting and/or
representing races OTHER than Negroid, but I'm not keeping
my fingers crossed on the latter.

....It's not gonna happen in OUR lifetime Brutha.
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Re: my letter to the NAACP

Post by awip2062 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Maybe changing your name to the National Association for the Advancement of ALL People would be a good start.
AMEN!

You go my white Bro!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Soupie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*offers frybread tacos and Matzoh Ball Soup to Soupie*
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Of course there's no response. :(
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Kind of on the same subject, there was a great article on "angry white men" in the Aspen Times recently:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/2008198091324
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Very eloquent, soup. Well done!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:Kind of on the same subject, there was a great article on "angry white men" in the Aspen Times recently:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/2008198091324
There's a bunch of use who have too much not white and the wrong equipment to be Angry White Men who are fully behind you! Go Angry White Men!
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Thanks all... like I told t, I am all for equal rights, not special rights.. :-D
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And I am gonna pass his letter on to others, with his permission.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

First response from sending out Billy's letter:

That letter to NAACP is right on. Someone should ask Obama how he feels
about that!
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you know, seriously.. how do we get together and form some sort of movement? There has to be enough people who have had enough of this. We are paying for the sins of people who have been long dead. It seems to me that the NAACP, the ACLU Sharpton and Jackson can say or do anything as long as it suits their purposes. Al came down on Imus but he still has done nothing about the black music industry. We need to sign a petition or form as one voice. This is not about race. Its not red,black, white or green.. This is about America.. and this American has had enough. :twisted: :evil:
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

oh and I am not talking about doing something like the KKK does, no violence... just a peaceful movement. I am serious people. There are enough of you guys out there, guys like ELF and BBO who are politically savvy, that can give us some sort of direction.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I'm in if you can find a way to do this. Maybe an internet e-mail petition that gets sent to the NAACP and others, including some news organizations?
Onward and Upward!