Why vote for Hillary?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

What about Michael Savage, is he legitimate media?

I like him, but he is a little nutso on some of his points, even for me.
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Coming out of back surgery and becoming dependant on your pain meds is hardly the same thing as going out and partying with crack and heroine.

No charges of doctor shopping were ever filed. Yeah, they appeared in the National Enquirer, but investigtors never found evidence of it.

Is the National Enquirer legitimate media? Wink
No.

Do I have to go and dig up and copy/paste this entire story? You do not believe that he tried to get his housekeeper involved in finding his drugs? I may be speaking to the wrong person when it comes to RL. I absolutely detest him and you don't, so I'm sure the conversation would not be very productive. Let's just let it go, k? :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Well... let's take it this direction then. Rush Limbaugh has never made a claim to be an objective journalist. His is an opinion show. The only news he reports is what has already been put out in other areas of the media.

Hannity and Colmes on FOX News you say is illegitimate because it is one sided. I don't watch it much, but isn't Colmes supposed to be the balance to Hannity?

Anyway, when I said the mainstream media wouldn't pick it up I was talking about news sources.

What defines a legitimate news source?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Only an honest eye-witness, so there are no legit news sources.
Me

Post by Me »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Only an honest eye-witness, so there are no legit news sources.
That is the absolute truth :D
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Coming out of back surgery and becoming dependant on your pain meds is hardly the same thing as going out and partying with crack and heroine.

No charges of doctor shopping were ever filed. Yeah, they appeared in the National Enquirer, but investigtors never found evidence of it.

No.

Do I have to go and dig up and copy/paste this entire story? You do not believe that he tried to get his housekeeper involved in finding his drugs? I may be speaking to the wrong person when it comes to RL. I absolutely detest him and you don't, so I'm sure the conversation would not be very productive. Let's just let it go, k? :-)

I think Limbaugh is over the top and I do not care for him either. IMO, BBO is right.. abusing drugs is the same regardless if they are doctor prescribed or not. in fact the big problem in my neck of the woods is prescription drugs, it is easy for kids to get them.. I understand Limbaugh had surgery and he got hooked, but he, having got hooked and knowing how easy that can happen, should not be critical of other people who get hooked too.. be it Vicoden or Crack.. just my HO..
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote: No.

how 'bout.....THE GUY FROM BOSTON...

This dude's off the flippin' HOOK...

http://www.theguyfromboston.com/playvid ... _check.wmv
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:Well, that settles that. If I ever run fpr president, none-o-youse guys is appearing on my website! :-D ;)
*is snubbed and will no longer play nice*

;-)
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:

No.

I think Limbaugh is over the top and I do not care for him either. IMO, BBO is right.. abusing drugs is the same regardless if they are doctor prescribed or not. in fact the big problem in my neck of the woods is prescription drugs, it is easy for kids to get them.. I understand Limbaugh had surgery and he got hooked, but he, having got hooked and knowing how easy that can happen, should not be critical of other people who get hooked too.. be it Vicoden or Crack.. just my HO..
That wasn't what he was talking about. I heard it too. In fact, when he mentioned drug addiction he stated something like, "I know about this stuff". He was talking about recreational drug use. he made the claim that tobacco was by far the most addictive drug around. To back up that claim he mentioned how when one is seduced into trying one of the euphoric drugs it's a pleasant experience. But what happens when a kid first tries inhaling cigarette smoke? We know it's not a pleasant experience. :) Coughing ensues, the eyes water, etc. But, for whatever reason, they keep going back until it becomes pleasurable.

I thought it was an interesting comment and didn't see anything over the top about it.

When Al Gore's son was arrested for drug use, a caller tried to make light of it and Rush wouldn't have it. He expressed sympathy for the family and talked about what a life-changing experience rehab can be.

I don't buy the hypocrite assertion.

Every single one of us makes mistakes. None of us live perfect lives. What we learn from those mistakes, what changes we make in our lives because of them... that kind of defines our character, doesn't it?
Last edited by ElfDude on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

point well taken.. I meant Limbaugh was over the top overall.. :-)
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Every single one of us makes mistakes. None of us live perfect lives. What we learn from those mistakes, what changes we make in our lives because of them... that kind of defines our character, doesn't it?
Indeed! But that's kinda my point as well. In a way. I think.

And as to legitimate news sources, I may have not considered those that are actually eye-witnesses and honest and instead of there being none, there may be at least one:
Michael Ware
He is one of the only mainstream reporters to have lived in Baghdad near-continuously since before the American invasion and he gained early acclaim as one of the few reporters to establish contacts with the Kurdish Peshmerga and the Iraqi insurgency. Ware was one of the first mainstream journalists to report on the severity of the growing opposition Western coalition forces faced in mid-2003, and his contacts have provided him with controversial videotapes of attacks on coalition forces, including the murder of four Blackwater contractors. [1]

Ware is also known for his stark assessments of conditions on the ground and his repudiation of the overly-optimistic assessments sometimes made by politicians. Ware has also been 'embedded' with American and British military forces on numerous occasions, and the coalition forces have been the focus of many of his reports as he continues to describe conditions on the ground for both military and civilians in Iraq.

I'm sure there are others, but I trust this guy.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Michael Ware

I'm sure there are others, but I trust this guy.
Dang, that name sounds so familiar.
Was he also former CIA?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Nope. Must be some other Ware :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ware
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Walkinghairball wrote:What about Michael Savage, is he legitimate media?

I like him, but he is a little nutso on some of his points, even for me.
I'm not sure. Lemme read up.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

It's another Michael that I was thinking of.

And this is the guy who aired the video that showed snipers shooting Americans. Yeah, I remember him.

And they say Rush is the over the top one...